[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] dbase formatter

browning@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Craig Browning) (05/08/88)

Keith Peterson, mail bounces: I've uploaded SNAP, please post instructions
for those who want it how to get it. If you need a dbase program anything,
get this program. It does lots of things, formatting code given one root
program name, drawing program and database trees and structures. It has
other options too; have fun.

Bill davidsen (his spelling(!)) wrote a lousy message to this group
not contributing much except a flame for ibm computers and unewsgroup
members. Maybe he'll go away. Fragments (less is better here) are below.

In article <569@csccat.UUCP> just post it, we all want a good laugh writes:
>In article  davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>	That does seem to be great: black-ball people, refuse feeds, etc.
>	Just the mentality I'd expect from this group. The one good
>	thing about it is that you pay your own way.

>	Shun others!! Amazing. You have proven my point to a tee.
You'll see what it's like to be shunned here I'm sure.

>	Usenet doesn't do any of that: they even let you slimers post
>	your binaries here, though they would rather you didn't.
>	They make polite requests, get ignored, and tolerate it.

Hmmmm, they make a group comp.binaries.ibm.pc, and they would rather
we not post binaries to it. Looks like you're the fish in a barrel
easy to shoot.

>	but hey, if you
>	like it so much, WHY ARE YOU HERE? You prove my point to a tee.

If you don't like it here so much, why are you here? get the heck out.
You won't be missed by many I'm sure.

>	Yes, it shows. This group is just like the single-minded
>	toys that ibm passes off as computers. I chuckle every time
>	somebody posts a problem with compatibility cuz you've

I have a feeling that you make any computer into a toy.
If I gave you a cray, you'd probably only be able to play with it too.

>	Without these comp.ibm groups, I wouldn't be able to shoot
>	fish in a barrel.
Oh, get a mirror and you'll do fine. I don't see any dead fish here.

He had no signature. Surprise he's ashamed.

Craig

dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (05/10/88)

In article <3190@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> browning@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Craig Browning) writes:
> Bill davidsen (his spelling(!)) wrote a lousy message to this group
> not contributing much except a flame for ibm computers and unewsgroup
> members. Maybe he'll go away. Fragments (less is better here) are below.

Sorry, Craig, as I'm sure other folks have told you by now, Bill Davidsen
was not the a**hole whose comments you were justifiably blasting.  Bill
made some comments about the Fido network, and then some nincompoop named
Chuck Brunow (loci@csccat) made the comments you referred to.

Brunow has spouted a lot of real trash since he showed up.  Maybe if we
just ignore him he'll go play in the street or something.

Dick

--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                         GEnie: FLANAGAN
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!slvblc!dick           Voice: +1 408 336 3481