[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Showgif works

haugj@pigs.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) (05/14/88)

In article <8638@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, bobmon@iuvax.UUCP writes:
> Also -- there was a showgif program posted a couple of weeks ago, supposed to
> be a CGA viewer.  It looks sort-of like it's in uuencoded form, but there's
> a "table" keyword and a list of printable ASCII characters preceding everything

i deleted the table line completely and uudecoded it using the p/95 here.
next, i sent the .arc to one of the pc's, un-arc'd and it ran just fine.

the working configuration is:

	fountain turbo xt
	ati wonder ega board
	magnavox ega monitor

i've looked at all of the gif's i can get my hands on.  showgif seems to
be SLOW, but at least it does work ...

- john.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                            jfh@rpp386.uucp :DOMAIN

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (05/16/88)

shwgif didn't work for me, either. I have an "all blue" XT, with every
part IBM except for the genuine Hayes modem. It's a good testbed, and
shwgif just hung on it. Just a comment, I do have some other things I
can use.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)