[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Jove / Turbo-C

jem@sm.luth.se (Jan Erik Mostr|m) (05/11/88)

Hello

Is there someone who could send me the diffs to compile Jove using
Turbo-C. I can't reach brian@cognos.uucp by mail

--
Jan Erik Mostrom    | Learning without thought | jem@luth.UUCP
Dept of Math & CS   |   is labour lost,        | jem@sm.luth.se

brianc@cognos.uucp (Brian Campbell) (05/18/88)

In article <1069@luth.luth.se> Jan Erik Mostr|m <jem@luth.luth.se> writes:
> Is there someone who could send me the diffs to compile Jove using
> Turbo-C. I can't reach brian@cognos.uucp by mail

I am planning on posting the TurboC diffs.  I have sent them to a
couple people and am waiting to hear about things I forgot to send.

The other obstacle is that my diffs are not all really necessary, and
add to considerably to the bulk.  I fixed up all the extern
declarations to include prototypes (#ifdef LINT_ARGS), and changed
externs.h so that each was declared only once.

I also rewrote the DOS portion of screen.c so that all the low-level
interrupt stuff uses inline register assignments and interrupts
(#ifdef __TURBOC__).

Additional changes were made to keep TC happy.  The end result is that
I can compile Jove with all of Turbo C's warnings enabled and only
receive a screenful of complaints about calling [pointers to]
functions with no prototypes and a few unused variables.

I've been using TC Jove since late February and haven't run into any
real problems yet, so I guess its ready to release.  I just don't want
to forget anything critical.
--
Brian Campbell        uucp: decvax!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!cognos!brianc
Cognos Incorporated   mail: POB 9707, 3755 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, K1G 3Z4