[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] need Lex and Yacc for DOS

jerryp@cmx.npac.syr.edu (Jerry Peek) (05/30/88)

In article <3192@bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
> I am looking for compiler tools (preferably public domain)
> similar to Unix Lex and Yacc that run under DOS.
>
> Vincent
>
> --
> Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi

Mortice Kern Systems has just announced the latest release (2.3, I think),
of the MKS toolkit.  It's a great collection of UNIX-like programs for DOS.
It has yacc, but it doesn't have lex.  It's not public-domain, but it's
excellent... and I've gotten good support from MKS.  Their address is:
	...watmath!mks!inquiry
MKS was going to post an article about it in comp.newprod.

--Jerry Peek, Northeast Parallel Architectures Center, Syracuse, NY 13244-1260
  jerryp@cmx.npac.syr.edu
  +1 315 423-4120

Disclaimer: I'm a satsfied customer of MKS; nothing more.

greggy@infmx.UUCP (greg yachuk) (06/01/88)

In article <3192@bsu-cs.UUCP>, dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
> From:  Vincent Phuah <vp01@gte.com>
>
> I am looking for compiler tools (preferably public domain)
> similar to Unix Lex and Yacc that run under DOS.

Flex (a Fast Lex replacement, I assume) was posted in sources.misc a
couple of months ago, by Vern Paxson of Lawrence Berkely Lab's.  It is
a trivial port to DOS (yes, I have done it).  You can get hold of him at

vern@lbl-{csam,rtsg}.arpa   or   ucbvax!lbl-csam.arpa!vern

or (I suppose) you can ask me :-?  Please note that Flex is NOT public
domain, but IS freely distributable.

Greg Yachuk		Informix Software Inc., Menlo Park, CA	(415) 322-4100
{uunet,pyramid}!infmx!greggy	 !yes, I chose that login myself, wazit tooya?

And they promised us the world (In Hooverville),
All the streets were paved with silver and gold (In Hooverville).