[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Request batch file menu for MS-Mouse

nts0699@dsacg1.UUCP (Gene McManus) (06/08/88)

From article <3125@alvin.mcnc.org>, by hevj@mcnc.org (Hank E. Vail Jr.):

> Does someone have a good batch file menu system similar to the ones showing
> up recently that could be driven with a mouse ( or arrow keys & <RET> key)?

	[...]
> Please post if you beleive it may be of interest to everyone, or simply
> e-mail a copy to me.
>
> Thanks
>
> --Hank E Vail
>   hevj@mcnc.org

	Check out KYSS!, recently posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc (in early
	May, I think). KYSS! is a commercial product and the posting is an
	evaluation version with an expiration date of 12/31/88. However,
	you should take a look at it. It runs either in memory for quick
	response or will remove itself from memory completely & re-start
	as necessary if you need all your RAM for spreadsheets, or other
	big code.

	If you can't find an archived copy, e-mail me, and I'll send it
	to you.

	Regards,
	Gene

Gene McManus @ Defense Logistics Agency Systems Automation Center,
	       Columbus, OH 43215 (614) 238-9403,    Autovon 850-
UUCP:		{uunet!gould,cbosgd!osu-cis}!dsacg1!gmcmanus
The views expressed are my own, not those of The Agency, or Dept. of Defense

gas@ecsvax.UUCP (Guerry A. Semones) (06/09/88)

In article <3125@alvin.mcnc.org>, hevj@mcnc.org (Hank E. Vail Jr.) writes:

> Does someone have a good batch file menu system similar to the ones showing
> up recently that could be driven with a mouse ( or arrow keys & <RET> key)?

What you are looking for is a system called Automenu.  It is highly
configurable but keeps the menu screen simple: 8 menu entries per menu
screen with 8 menu screens active from one batch file.  The right/left
action of the cursor or mouse move you from menu screen to menu screen.
The up/down action of the cursor or mouse moves you from menu selection
to menu selection.  To select a menu option, press 1-8, F1-F8, or
highlight the option using the up/down cursor and hit <RET> or use the
mouse and click.  You can even password encrypt menu options and have
yes/no options when you call a selection.
     I used to use this system and found it really slick.  We used it
for our network interface for a long time.  You can have one menu call
up another set of 8 menu screens and then return to the original system.
Quite functional.
     I unfortunately don't have this anymore, and so can't provide it.
However, it is quite popular on the bulletin boards and can't imagine
that you couldn't find it....

Good Luck!
--
 Guerry A. Semones              BITNET: drogo@tucc.BITNET