[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] How to post binaries to binaries

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (06/28/88)

I still can't post files to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
How does one do it?  If we are to have a board to post
utilities to, wouldn't it be nice to let people know how?
I have some utilities that people have asked for and have
no way to post them so there won't be any gripes......

--
Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)
Northern AZ Univ

haugj@pigs.UUCP (Joe Bob Willie) (06/29/88)

In article <758@naucse.UUCP>, wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
> I still can't post files to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
> How does one do it?  If we are to have a board to post
> utilities to, wouldn't it be nice to let people know how?
> I have some utilities that people have asked for and have
> no way to post them so there won't be any gripes......
> --
> Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)

You can't post binaries to c.b.i.pc.  You must mail them to the
moderator, who this week is Dick Flanagan ;-), and he will post
them for you.

The precise reason that you can't and shouldn't post binaries
is that enough other people griped that binaries were being posted
by everyone to force the group to be moderated.  Moderated groups
can't be posted to, except by the moderator.  And binaries
shouldn't be posted anyplace other than the correct binary group.

Also, this is NOT a bulletin board.  With a bulletin board, what
you post, in general, does not travel all over the world at great
expense.  In addition, everyone sees the result simultaneously,
so duplicated effort is less likely.  With abUSENET this is not
quite the case.

As for telling people how to post, may I suggest you read the
monthly postings in news.announce.newuser?  I believe they will
explain all of this to you.

- John.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh@rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune