[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Error in MSKERMIT 2.31 posting

edlee@chinet.chi.il.us (Edward Lee) (08/08/88)

In article <2988@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad.UUCP (Mr. Video) writes:

>[....]
>What is wrong you ask?  Well, all of the text files in the archive are missing
>the CR/LF sequence that DOS files need.  Try displaying them on your PC screen
>and see what happens.
>[....]

The *.EXE files are all right, though.  I solved the problem with the text
files by typing the following command from MSKERMIT v2.31:

SET TRANSLATION IN \0 \13

I then downloaded the text files with MSKERMIT, as text, to my home computer.

By the way, the documentation mentions that it is possible to reduce the
size of the MSVIBM.EXE file by 15K using a program called EXEPACK.  Is
EXEPACK a public-domain program?  I would like to reduce the size of the
file to shorten its loading time.

-Ed L