[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] not everybody has FTP

skeeve@mhuxu.UUCP (Chris Riley) (08/17/88)

In article <11861@steinmetz.ge.com> botticel@olympus.steinmetz.ge.com (David J. Botticello) writes:
>There are many of us who cannot get files via FTP.

I also do not have FTP access.  I would not mind doing the download from
home with my modem, but do not have uucp protocol, just a modem at
2400 baud.  What numbers do I call and what logins and passwords do I
use to connect to an archive machine and download a program with
xmodem, ymodem or kermit?  This information is a lot more helpful than
being told to use ftp when it isn't available.

>Dave Botticello  - GE CRD  - phone(voice) 518-387-6065 Home 518-393-8671

                  Chris Riley   f   Disclaimer:  What I think has no bearing
  uunet!likewise!               n                on what AT&T thinks.
         attmail!               o
           ihnp4!               r   Happiness is the planet Earth in your
             att!mhuxu!skeeve   d     rear view mirror.

cpp90221@dcscg1.UUCP (Duane L. Rezac) (08/17/88)

From article <7969@mhuxu.UUCP>, by skeeve@mhuxu.UUCP (Chris Riley):

> I also do not have FTP access.  I would not mind doing the download from
> home with my modem, but do not have uucp protocol, just a modem at
> 2400 baud.

I also do not have access to FTP to get files from simtel.20 or other archive
sites. It seems that many of us would be willing to access the archive sites
with our pc's if we had a way to do this. Does anyone out there have a pc
version of FTP? Or could one be written (Hint,Hint).

Duane L. Rezac
--
+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| Duane L. Rezac        |These views are my own, and NOT representitive of  |

howardl@wb3ffv.UUCP (Howard Leadmon ) (08/22/88)

In article <357@dcscg1.UUCP>, cpp90221@dcscg1.UUCP (Duane L. Rezac) writes:

> I also do not have access to FTP to get files from simtel.20 or other archive
> sites. It seems that many of us would be willing to access the archive sites
> with our pc's if we had a way to do this. Does anyone out there have a pc
> version of FTP? Or could one be written (Hint,Hint).

   Hello Duane,

 Well I am sure there are several PC versions of TCP/IP (with FTP) avalible in
the PC world. I am not sure that this will help you with internet access in the
long run, but I suppose it is a start. I have copies of the KA9Q TCP/IP code
avalible for the PC (Messy DOS) avalible on my dialup BBS if you desire to
retrieve a copy.

System: WB3FFV
Phone : (301)-335-1955
Data  : 1200, 2400, 9600, & 19200    (9600 & 19200 with Telebit Trailblazer)
Settings: 8,N,1

 This system is oriented toward Amateur Radio, and so is the KA9Q TCP/IP
software, but any and all are welcome to browse around...

UUCP/SMTP : howardl@wb3ffv		|	Howard D. Leadmon
PACKET    : WB3FFV @ W3ITM		|	Fast Computer Service, Inc.
IP Address: 44.60.0.1			|	P.O. Box  171
Telephone : (301)-335-2206		|	Chase, MD  21027-0171