[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PC Omega...

ts@pc.ecn.purdue.edu (Tom Ruschak) (08/28/88)

     I need help. I got pc omega, de-arc'ed it, downloaded it to my PC, and
modified the configuration file to correspond to the machine I have. OK.

     Then, when I try to execute it, it says "Program too big for memory"!
This is a true-blue IBM PC/AT with 640Kb + 1 Mb of extended memory. What's
the deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                                Thomas Ruschak
                                pur-ee!pc!ts

Usenet Conversational Technique #41894: Say anything you like, then use a :-)

    "Your supressed anger and sexuality are what is filthy
     and you have to live in it. Don't go around vomiting
     it on others. :-) "

                             --- From talk.religion.misc

parker@planet10.uucp (Parker Waechter) (08/29/88)

We did not receive part 7.  could you please either mail or repost it?

As to the problem about it not fitting in memory...did you try booting
without any resident programs?

nathan@eddie.MIT.EDU (Nathan Glasser) (08/30/88)

In article <1037@pc.ecn.purdue.edu> ts@pc.ecn.purdue.edu (Tom Ruschak) writes:
>     I need help. I got pc omega, de-arc'ed it, downloaded it to my PC, and
>modified the configuration file to correspond to the machine I have. OK.

So far as I know, there is no configuration file for PC Omega...

>     Then, when I try to execute it, it says "Program too big for memory"!
>This is a true-blue IBM PC/AT with 640Kb + 1 Mb of extended memory. What's
>the deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should make sure you've got nothing else loaded into memory before
running this. E.g. no personalized shells, no resident programs. In
addition, if you set up an incredibly large number of buffers in
your config.sys, this could also use up significant amounts of memory.
--
				Nathan Glasser
fnord				nathan@{mit-eddie.uucp, xx.lcs.mit.edu}