[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Can't access archives

nevin1@ihlpb.ATT.COM (Liber) (08/31/88)

In article <175@falkor.UUCP> heiby@mcdchg.UUCP (Ron Heiby) writes:

>Now, let's assume
>that your company's management believes that accessing archives of various
>information is a *GOOD THING*.  If they didn't, you shouldn't be trying
>to do this, anyway.  In that case, you should go out and buy a modem for
>your PC.  (Come to think of it, that's often the best approach, anyway.)

Unfortunately, this approach doesn't usually work.  I have tried
directly calling archive sites with a PC and a modem, and I have always
been timed out well before I get a shell prompt (let alone trying to
figure out how to actually do the download).  That is why many people
on the net ask for things to be emailed; they simple can't get anything
else to work!  I'm willing to pay my share of the bill; just tell me
how to get it to work!
--
 _ __		NEVIN J. LIBER	..!att!ihlpb!nevin1	(312)979-4751 IH 4F-410
' )  )				NEWS FLASH ... ... ...  I GOT A PHONE!!