[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for a graphics screen dump.

mikew@tahoe.unr.edu (Mike Wishart) (09/16/88)

Help!!!  I need a PD (or not, I'll buy it) TSR program to print a graphics
screen out to a dot-matrix printer.  Anyone know of one?

Specifics:
    The graphics screen is from skyplot.  Standard CGA stuff.
I have a Legend 808 printer (Gemini act-alike).

Mail or Post (your choice, others may be interested).

Thanks in Advance.
				- Mike Wishart
				  mikew@tahoe.unr.edu

mdharding@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Matthew D. Harding) (09/16/88)

In article <1584@tahoe.unr.edu> mikew@tahoe.unr.edu.UUCP (Mike Wishart) writes:
>Help!!!  I need a PD (or not, I'll buy it) TSR program to print a graphics
>screen out to a dot-matrix printer.  Anyone know of one?

Well, I've had the same request for two years now, and the only _graphics_
util I know of is the grab utility in WordPerfect 5.0, which does an
excellent job of grabbing graphics images to disk. However, all of the other
PD utils, such as snipper, prn2file, etc., cannot handle graphics screens.
However, the price may be slightly higher than you intended :-)

u-dmfloy%sunset.utah.edu@utah-cs.UUCP (Daniel M Floyd) (09/20/88)

In article <8508@watdragon.waterloo.edu> mdharding@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Matthew D. Harding) writes:
>In article <1584@tahoe.unr.edu> mikew@tahoe.unr.edu.UUCP (Mike Wishart) writes:
>>Help!!!  I need a PD (or not, I'll buy it) TSR program to print a graphics
>>screen out to a dot-matrix printer.  Anyone know of one?
>
>Well, I've had the same request for two years now,...[more comments]

This is the second request. I replied e-mail to the first (I hope the
mail got through). I have several routines that when merged will do
the job.

Is there enough interest out there for me to merge and post?

Here is the basic "what it does":

Routine #1:
  Press Alt-2 and it prints hi res-graphics to printer at twice
  the normal graphics.com speed. It is TSR.

Routine #2:
  Non-TSR. Save any type screen to disk. Very fast.

Routine #3:
  TSR. Press Alt-2 save low res graphic to disk.

These are written and they work.
I didn't intend them to be more than personal utilities when I
wrote them. So, I'm counting the votes. Who wants me to post
what? Tell me hot-key preferences, type of screen to save, to
where (disk/printer/other). Sufficient interest in this will
get it posted to PD.
Dan Floyd
8<D=