[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] How do I get zoo?

joshua@uop.edu (Ed Bates: Joshua is my son's name.) (09/14/88)

   All of this talk about ARC(tm), PKPAK(tm), and ZOO(tm?) has been interesting,
and has heightened my interest in getting zoo.

   Does anyone know where/how I can get zoo?  I hear about downloading, but I am
rather new to the public domain (etc.) arena and would like to take advantage of
the software available in the comp.binaries.ibm.pc group.  Is it available on
diskette?  If so, how would I go about getting that?

   Also, I have tried to contact Mr. Dhesi via email, but did not get a
response.  Is there someone else to contact?

haugj@pigs.UUCP (The Beach Bum) (09/15/88)

In article <1667@uop.edu> joshua@uop.edu (Ed Bates: Joshua is my son's name.) writes:
> Does anyone know where/how I can get zoo?  I hear about downloading, but
> I am rather new to the public domain (etc.) arena and would like to take
> advantage of the software available in the comp.binaries.ibm.pc group.
> Is it available on diskette?  If so, how would I go about getting that?

for most downloads all you need is a modem, a computer, and a communications
program suitable for downloading the software from the system you are
planning on using.  kermit and x/y/z/modem are the most common protocols
in the pc world.  uucp and ftp are used most commonly in the unix world.

in the case of zoo, it is available from any complete sources archive.

if you can't get to a sources archive for whatever reason, send a formatted
XENIX [ yes, XENIX ] floppy in a reusable mailer, along with return
postage [ stamps are best ], plus beer money ;-) to

	John F. Haugh
	% Precision Information
	Suite 601
	11910 Greenville Ave.
	Dallas, TX 75243

nine-tracks work equally well, but the postage is a bit steep.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-The Beach Bum at The Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers-=-=-=-=-=-=
               Very Long Address: John.F.Haugh@rpp386.dallas.tx.us

doug@isishq.math.waterloo.edu (Doug Thompson) (09/20/88)

 EBJi>From: joshua@uop.edu (Ed Bates: Joshua is my son's name.)

 EBJi>   Does anyone know where/how I can get zoo?  I hear about downloading,
 EBJi> but I am
 EBJi>rather new to the public domain (etc.) arena and would like to
 EBJi>take advantage of
 EBJi>the software available in the comp.binaries.ibm.pc group.  Is
 EBJi>it available on
 EBJi>diskette?  If so, how would I go about getting that?

It was recently posted in comp.binaries.ibm.pc. If you have a fast PEP
modem, you may want to download it from ISIS (519-747-1965). Hit Y from
the main menu and tell the operator why you're calling, and you'll be
given enough time to fetch it. Otherwise anyone running an FTSC
compatible mailer can simply file-request zoo*.* from node 1:221/162.

If you have an HST fast modem, file-request it from 1:221/171.

That'll give you both source and executable. If you just want executable,
request zoo200.exe, self-extracting archive, about 80K I think.

--
 Doug Thompson - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!doug