[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PKUNPAK bug

uggersho@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Greg Gershowitz) (09/29/88)

   What I found isn't a functional bug or anything.  I did a
PKUNPAK -T KEYS14.UUE
   Ok, I know that's not an archive, right? Right. So I get this
message back:

PKXARC : No files found

   Whoops! That says PKXARC and not PKUNPAK!

   Such is life!

- The Priest
- Uggersho@marvin.cs.buffalo.edu
- Uggersho@sybil.cs.buffalo.edu
"...and the Maples scream `Opression!' and the Oaks just shake their
 heads..." - RUSH

pfales@ttrde.UUCP (Peter Fales) (09/29/88)

 In article <1576@cs.Buffalo.EDU>, uggersho@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Greg Gershowitz) writes:

 >    What I found isn't a functional bug or anything.  I did a
 > PKUNPAK -T KEYS14.UUE
 >    Ok, I know that's not an archive, right? Right. So I get this
 > message back:
 >
 > PKXARC : No files found
 >
 >    Whoops! That says PKXARC and not PKUNPAK!

By an interesting coincedence, I recveived the upgrade yesterday from
PKWARE from version 3.6 to 3.61. Since I had already downloaded version
3.61 from a BBS, I did a 'cmp -l' on all the files to make sure everything
was the same.  The only differences were in the order form (prices different),
and in PKUNPAK, where several occurrences of the string PKXARC were changed
to PKUNPAK.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 2F-217
				200 Park Plaza

gmat@wuibc.UUCP (Gregory Martin Amaya Tormo) (10/02/88)

article <1576@cs.Buffalo.EDU> uggersho@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Greg Gershowitz) writes:
>   What I found isn't a functional bug or anything.  I did a
>PKUNPAK -T KEYS14.UUE
>   Ok, I know that's not an archive, right? Right. So I get this
>message back:
>
>PKXARC : No files found
>
>   Whoops! That says PKXARC and not PKUNPAK!
	Someone better warn Phil Katz.  He is having enough legal
difficulties without SEA getting hold of this information!!!!!

		David Deitch, Computer Connection
		dwd0238@wucec1.wustl.bitnet
		Fido 1:100/22