[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Asynch Serial Drivers Wanted

raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.arpa (Eric Raymond RIA) (09/21/88)

Anyone have serial port drivers which replace the (useless) routines
provided by the BIOS?  (i.e. interrupt driven, buffered)

simon@ms.uky.edu (Simon Gales) (09/21/88)

In article <15224@ames.arc.nasa.gov> raymond@pluto.arc.nasa.gov (Eric Raymond  RIA) writes:
>Anyone have serial port drivers which replace the (useless) routines
>provided by the BIOS?  (i.e. interrupt driven, buffered)

I would also be interested, especially if they will work on an AT, and
include source code....:->...

On another note: Has anyone seen a program the will allow you to use
				 a joystick (IBM-type) as a mouse, and be compatible
				 with the infamous MicroSoft mouse???  Sources would
                 be nice here also.

Advance Thanks....

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<---   Simon Gales@University of Ky                 254-9387/257-3597   --->
<---            [ simon@ms.uky.edu ]  |  [ simon@UKMA.BITNET ]          --->
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

dgr0093@ritcv.UUCP (Michelangelo H. Jones) (10/04/88)

In article <15224@ames.arc.nasa.gov> raymond@pluto.arc.nasa.gov (Eric Raymond  RIA) writes:
>Anyone have serial port drivers which replace the (useless) routines
>provided by the BIOS?  (i.e. interrupt driven, buffered)

I've got serial drivers galore for Pascal, a few for C, and a good interface
to some ML routines. Anyone interested drop me a note; if there's enough demand
I'll post something in .binaries...

Jones.

klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu (Terry Klarich) (10/05/88)

count me in for the post
--
Terry Klarich (klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu) n5hts
A man is not complete until he is married then, he is finished.

reese@pdnag1.uucp (0000-Don Reese(0000)) (10/05/88)

Since I could not reply by E-Mail, I would Also like to see a copy of
any Async drivers (PD) available for DOS.

--
Don Reese             reese@pdn.UUCP         | Eney Meeny, Jelly Beanie,
Paradyne Corporation  uunet!pdn!reese        | the spirits are about to