[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Wanted UUPC version 2.0

alexc@psu-cs.UUCP (Alex M. Chan.) (10/13/88)

	Hi there,

		A while ago someone said that UUPC version 2.0 is out.
	But I am unable to find it in the local area. Therefore,
	I am now ask if someone who is kind enough to E-mail me
	the sources and/or the executables for UUPC version 2.0 .

		Thanks in advance.

till@didsgn.UUCP (didsgn) (10/14/88)

In article <1073@psu-cs.UUCP>, alexc@psu-cs.UUCP (Alex M. Chan.) writes:
} 		A while ago someone said that UUPC version 2.0 is out.
} 	But I am unable to find it in the local area. Therefore,
} 	I am now ask if someone who is kind enough to E-mail me
} 	the sources and/or the executables for UUPC version 2.0 .

see summary.
thanks a millions to whoever...

anderson@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson, MACC) (10/15/88)

In article <725@stiatl.UUCP>, john@stiatl.UUCP (John DeArmond) writes...

]In article <1073@psu-cs.UUCP> alexc@psu-cs.UUCP (Alex M. Chan.) writes:
]>
]>	Hi there,
]>
]>		A while ago someone said that UUPC version 2.0 is out.
]
]
]How about a post (or repost) to the net.. a bunch of us are interested.

I hadn't heard that version 2.0 *is* out.  There is an interim version
(sort of 2.0-epsilon) that is out, but it is ~184K in .PAK format.

==Jess Anderson======(home:)========INTERNET: anderson@vms.macc.wisc.edu====
| 1210 W. Dayton     2838 Stevens   UUCP: {harvard,rutgers,allegra,ucbvax} |
| Madison, WI 53706  Madison 53705   !uwvax!vms3.macc.wisc.edu!anderson    |
==608/263-6988=======608/238-4833===BITNET: anderson@wiscmacc===============

skl@van-bc.UUCP (Samuel Lam) (10/15/88)

In article <1073@psu-cs.UUCP>, alexc@psu-cs.UUCP (Alex M. Chan.) wrote:
>A while ago someone said that UUPC version 2.0 is out.
>But I am unable to find it in the local area. Therefore,
>I am now ask if someone who is kind enough to E-mail me
>the sources and/or the executables for UUPC version 2.0 .

UUPC release 2.0 is far from finished yet.  The latest version
that had been "let out" was called `Post-1.0 Interim', and it
is available at at least SIMTEL20 and rpp386.

...Sam (UUPC release 2.0 co-ordinator)
--
Samuel Lam     {alberta,watmath,uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!ubc-cs!van-bc!skl

charette@edsews.EDS.COM (Mark A. Charette) (10/16/88)

> I hadn't heard that version 2.0 *is* out.  There is an interim version
> (sort of 2.0-epsilon) that is out, but it is ~184K in .PAK format.

I picked up the source and binaries yesterday from rpp386 for the interim
version. Mail transfer works fine (I'll be using it from home to work).
The rnews stuff is either missing or buried - I haven't looked real hard
yet (I'll get a limited feed from work to home on the weekends if I can get
it to work). Also, I don't see a true uucp capability yet - only mail.

Of course, this is only the interim version. Thanks, Samuel Lam for the
code and rpp386 for the feed (Sorry, whoever put up the anonymous uucp
connection at rpp386. I've forgotten and misplaced your name - but you'll
be remebered forever in our L.sys file :->  ).
--
Mark Charette                   "On a clean disk you can seek forever" -
Electronic Data Systems                  Thomas B. Steel Jr.

jbrown@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Jordan Brown) (10/17/88)

In article <> charette@edsews.EDS.COM (Mark A. Charette) writes:
>I picked up the source and binaries yesterday from rpp386 for the interim
>version. Mail transfer works fine (I'll be using it from home to work).
>The rnews stuff is either missing or buried - I haven't looked real hard
>yet (I'll get a limited feed from work to home on the weekends if I can get
>it to work). Also, I don't see a true uucp capability yet - only mail.

UUPC (as distributed) is mail-only, though it can handle incoming copies,
sort of.  It can receive news, but it just drops it in unique-named
files; doesn't have any way to read it.

I'm working on a news capability for it... which I would like to talk to
skl&co about, but they haven't returned my messages...