[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Help, window library needed

smartin@iemisi.UUCP (Stephen Martin) (11/09/88)

Help,  About a year or so ago i got my hands on an archive (.ARC file)
containing a library of windowing routines for Turbo C.  This was
a Public Domain or sharware package that was adapted from a pascal package
called something like WNDW21 or something like that.  I don't remember
the name of the package but some of the routines in the library were:

makewindow();
titlewindow();
removewindow();

It came with a related library containing routines that were used for
writing strings to the windows.  These routines all started with the letter
'q' as in:

qwritev();
qattr();

If any one has the slightest idea what i am talking about and knows where i
can get my hands on these little devils, i will be eternally gratefull.  I
wrote a package using them and while i backed up my source code, i didn't
bother with the libraries.  Well, my hard disk bit the dust and i can't
for the life of me find the floppy that i originally had the library on.
					thanks
					   Stephen--
   ___  ___  ___ ___  _  _ ___
  /__/ /  / /__   /  /\ / /  _   Stephen Martin, Boeing Canada, Toronto.
 /__/ /__/ /__  _/_ /  / /__/           "Nuke gay whales for Jesus"

UUCP: {geac|utzoo|utgpu}!syntron!jtsv16!marsal1!iemisi!smartin
      suncan!jtsv16!marsal1!iemisi!smartin

spolsky-joel@CS.YALE.EDU (Joel Spolsky) (11/11/88)

In article <386@iemisi.UUCP> smartin@iemisi.UUCP (Stephen Martin) writes:
>Help,  About a year or so ago i got my hands on an archive (.ARC file)
>containing a library of windowing routines for Turbo C.

This is available via anonymous ftp from simtel20. It is in the
directory PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>. There are at least 2 windowing packages
in that directory: one is called TCWIND16.ARC.1 and the other is
called WINDOWTC.ARC.1. They are each about 110K in archived form.

|  Joel Spolsky  | bitnet: spolsky@yalecs     uucp: ...!yale!spolsky |
|                | arpa:   spolsky@yale.edu   voicenet: 203-436-1483 |
                                               #include <disclaimer.h>