[net.followup] Response to <538@imsvax.UUCP> <8300002@unido.UUCP> <127@paisley.ac.uk>

Unknown@hplabs.UUCP (04/29/86)

This message is empty.

mkr%mmm@mmm.UUCP (05/02/86)

In article <127@paisley.ac.uk> andrew@cs.paisley.ac.uk (Andrew Fleming) writes:
>In article <8300002@unido.UUCP> uh@unido.UUCP writes:
>>I think you should look at the people in your own country:
>>
>>It is very simple to start a war with Lybia, if I'm so far away from the
>>country I attack, as you are to Lybia.
>>But we must live here and WE much more than YOU have to fear the
>>consequences for YOUR air attack of Tripolis. You should think about that!
>>
>>     Uwe Hoch
>
>I think you've hit the nail right on the head, I wonder if the
>American would have attacked if they were a lot closer to Libya,
>we in Europe will undoubtly suffer the consequences of Reagan's
>action.

	This is just plain silly. If Libya were closer to the US, or if
these terrorist actions were happening in the US, we would have attacked
*long* ago, and probably would have rid the world of Qaddaffi very
quickly indeed. Just because Europeans quake and quiver with fear from
a blowhard bully, don't think for a minute that Americans are such wimps.
The only reason we haven't done more against Libya is because we're so
far away that Qaddafi's actions don't affect us enough to *really* piss
us off.

	If you don't like getting your people blown up, why don't *you*
do something about it?

Bah!!

					--MKR
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot."
					-"Dirty" Harry Callahan