[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Kermit under Procomm Plus

posert@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Bob Posert) (12/02/88)

In article <2293@ddsw1.MCS.COM> Karl Denninger writes:

>Kermit protocol is STILL broken, at least in batch mode.  It will now send or
>receive a single file, but when trying to receive more than one file it
>terminates the other end after the first file has been sent (grrr....).  To
>duplicate, go into kermit on a Unix (or other working) machine, type
>"send file1 file2" and then tell local PComm+TD to receive.  You'll get
>one file.
>
>[Stuff about how Zcomm is better than Procomm deleted]

Zcomm may be better at vt100 emulation than Procomm Plus; I couldn't get
through the manual to find out. Also, Procomm's vt102 emulation seems to work
fine for me.  I tested the Kermit protocol as you suggested, and found it
worked just like _Kermit_ said it would:

] C-Kermit>help send
] Format: 'send file1 [file2]'.  File1 may contain wildcard characters '*' or
] '?'.  If no wildcards, then file2 may be used to specify the name file1 is
] sent under; if file2 is omitted, file1 is sent under its own name.

When I typed ``send test1 test2'', test1 got sent under the name test2;
when I typed ``send test*'', they both got sent.

Perhaps this is what you ran into, and are calling a bug in Procomm.

--Bob
--
Bob Posert
I'm: posert@bonnie.ics.uci.edu or {sdcsvax|ucbvax}!ucivax!bonnie!posert