[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] need the GNU sed executable

keithe@tekgvs.GVS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (12/08/88)

I managed to mangle the GNU sed executable that came down the pike a
while ago. (The datestamp on my files is May 1986.)  And re-compiling
them isn't an option because a couple of the #include files are
missing.  (I'd appreciate getting the #include files, too: all I have
is sed.h. Compiler.h and debug.h (at least) are missing.)

So if you have a functioning copy of this sed implementation I'd
sure appreciate hearing from you.  I'm unable to FTP to/from anywhere
outside of Tektronix, or so I'm told, so the simtel archives - or
any other FTP goodies - are not available.  But I'mm willing to make
a phone call to a bbs and download it/them.  (Or e-mail; but why make
everybody else pay for my special benefit?)

keith

Keith Ericson  at TekLabs (resident factious factotum)
Tektronix, PO 500, MS 58-383   Beaverton OR 97077    (503)627-6042
UUCP:	uunet!tektronix!tekgvs!keithe
ARPA:	keithe%tekgvs.GVS.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET
CSNet:	keithe@tekgvs.GVS.TEK.COM

greggy@infmx.UUCP (greg yachuk) (12/09/88)

In article <4346@tekgvs.GVS.TEK.COM> keithe@tekgvs.GVS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) writes:
>I managed to mangle the GNU sed executable that came down the pike a
>while ago. (The datestamp on my files is May 1986.)  And re-compiling
>them isn't an option because a couple of the #include files are
>missing.

Actually, it reasonably well without the include files.  They never came
in ARC file.  I just commented out "compiler.h" and gave a simple "debug.h"
and the thing is fine.  I also built it in SMALL model and it is now a
fraction of the size of the executable that was distributed.  I don't know
yet if there are going to be any address space problems, though.

The only thing you need in "debug.h" is a definition for PASS(), which
seems to be a debugging aid which displays a string.  You can define it as

#ifdef	DEBUG
#define	PASS(s)	puts(s)
#else
#define	PASS()
#endif

>keith

	-greg

Greg Yachuk	Informix Software Inc., Menlo Park, CA	(415) 322-4100
{uunet,pyramid}!infmx!greggy	why yes, I DID choose that login myself