[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Robust BISON for MS-DOS?

abf@rti.UUCP (Al Finger) (01/14/89)

Can anyone point me to a robust implementation of BISON for DOS?
I have TCBISON from SIMTEL, but it blows up with an internal error
when I run it on one of the .Y files packaged with its archive.
It also has no documentation, so I don't know if it takes any
command line switches ala yacc or not.

If anyone has a line on a good implementation of LEX for DOS,
I'd be interested in that, too.

As usual, I'll appreciate email responses, and summarize here
if there is sufficient demand.

Al Finger
abf@rti.org.org

chasm@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Charles Marslett) (01/14/89)

In article <2720@rti.UUCP>, abf@rti.UUCP (Al Finger) writes:
> Can anyone point me to a robust implementation of BISON for DOS?

I have tried to get the version posted to unix.sources(?) and versions
posted for Turbo C and the Amiga, all to no avail... sigh,

> If anyone has a line on a good implementation of LEX for DOS,
> I'd be interested in that, too.

I have used Flex myself, and it seems to be both workable and quite
fast.

> As usual, I'll appreciate email responses, and summarize here
> if there is sufficient demand.
>
> Al Finger
> abf@rti.org.org

Well, I posted it anyway ;-).

Charles Marslett
STB Systems, Inc.  <== Apply all standard disclaimers
Wordmark Systems   <== No disclaimers required -- that's just me
chasm@killer.dallas.tx.us