[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Instant Recall

lbilccss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Bilker) (01/17/89)

Has anyone seen or heard of a program called Instant Recall?  It is a
hypertext kind of information organizer.  I have a version from 1986 and
want to purchase the commercial form, but I have not seen any versions
beyond the one I have and am wondering if the company, PRECEPT is still
in business.  The program is a free-form auto-indexing database with
powerful retrieval capabilities.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) (01/18/89)

In article <651@ur-cc.UUCP>, lbilccss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Bilker) writes:
> Has anyone seen or heard of a program called Instant Recall?  It is a
> hypertext kind of information organizer.  I have a version from 1986 and
> want to purchase the commercial form, but I have not seen any versions
> beyond the one I have and am wondering if the company, PRECEPT is still
> in business.  The program is a free-form auto-indexing database with
> powerful retrieval capabilities.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I took a look at Instant just recently.  And I just bought Borderbund's Memory
Mate.  It looks like Memory Mate is an advanced form of Instant.  Among the
improvements made by Memory Mate are:

1. Hypertext (haven't used it yet)
2. multiple databases
3. a configuration program (let's you change the hot-key to ALT-letter, among
other things)
4. putting all of the menu items on a single screen
5. wild card searches
Paul Gomme     Bitnet:  p.gomme@uwovax.bitnet     ARPA:    p.gomme@uwo.ca