[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Tar for MSDOS found at SIMTEL20

wwang@ucscb.ucsc.edu (60026000) (02/23/89)

A few people wanted to know if and when I fond anything on a TAR
compatable program for MSDOS that is compatible with UN*X version.  I
was told that there are a couple that are at SIMTEL20.  They are

	PDTAR.ARC
	TAR  .ARC

Thanks for all the help that I got from out there in NETLAND.

USnail:	                                    Email:
Weylan Wang                                 wwang@ucscb.ucsc.EDU
UCSC College 8 #608                         wwang@ucscf.ucsc.EDU
Santa Cruz, Ca 95064                        w.wang  GEnie
"Are you driving with your eyes open or are you like using the FORCE?"
                                               -Axel Foley

ked@garnet.berkeley.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) (02/23/89)

In article <5840@bsu-cs.UUCP> wwang@ucscb.ucsc.edu (60026000) writes:

>A few people wanted to know if and when I fond anything on a TAR
>compatable program for MSDOS that is compatible with UN*X version.  I
>was told that there are a couple that are at SIMTEL20.  They are
>
>	PDTAR.ARC
Assuming this pdtar is the one I wrote and have been circulating, requesting
a current version from me might be prudent since I have been correcting bugs
and adding features.  Although pdtar is generally capable of taking standard
**IX tar files, it was developed primarily for Xenix <===> Msdos transfers.

E H. Kinmonth, Hist. Dept.,  Univ. of Ca., Davis Davis, Ca. 95616
916-752-1636/0776

Disclaimer:  This is AmeriKa!  Who needs a disclaimer!

ucbvax!ucdavis!ucdked!cck