[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] pax for MS-DOS

klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu (Terry Klarich) (02/24/89)

Has anyone gotten pax to compile under ms-dos?  If so, could you email it
to me.  If not, I guess I will work on it.  Oh ya, what about the tar for
MS-DOS?  I heard it was on Simtel.  Does it work?

--
Terry Klarich (klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu) n5hts
A man is not complete until he is married then, he is finished.

wnp@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Wolf Paul) (02/25/89)

In article <4422@okstate.UUCP> klarich@okstate.UUCP (Terry Klarich) writes:
>Has anyone gotten pax to compile under ms-dos?  If so, could you email it
>to me.  If not, I guess I will work on it.  Oh ya, what about the tar for
>MS-DOS?  I heard it was on Simtel.  Does it work?

Whaddaya need TAR for MS-DOS for if you're going to work on PAX? As far as
I can tell in two weeks of using PAX on a 286 (Micorport V/AT) box,
a 68K (AT&T Unix PC), and an AT&T 3b2 (this machine, killer), PAX reads and
writes TAR files, and if invoked as "tar" (i.e. link or copy it to "tar"),
it looks, feels, behaves, etc., just like tar.
UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN: wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD