     From: iuvax!pur-ee!supple (Murray R Supple)
     Subject: Re: v01i169: rs232off, switches off comm ports 11-feb-1989

     ...The first line of the program turns off interrupts, but they
     are not turned back on.  Granted, they will get turned back on at
     some point by some DOS or BIOS call, but in a multitasking
     environment, or if a timing critical program is run next, this
     could cause problems...

     Murray Supple
     UUCP: supple@pur-ee.UUCP
     ARPA: supple@ecn.purdue.edu
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi
                    ARPA:  bsu-cs!dhesi@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith B. Petersen ) (02/26/89)

Replying to the comment that interrupts are turned off in rs232off.com
and not turned on again.  I questioned this too and was told by a local
MSDOS guru that it is not necessary to turn them back on because the
program terminate INT 20H does it automatically when you exit.

--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the CP/M & MSDOS archives at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil [26.0.0.74]