[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] v01i144: chksum, 32-bit file checksumming program

bsrdp@warwick.ac.uk (Hylton Boothroyd) (02/28/89)

and Rahul Dhesi writes:
>Will also give byte counts, and total checksum for all files.  Doesn't
>take wildcards on command line, but "stuff . | chksum -v --" worked
>well for me.

Although the arc'ed file verified after downloading, all I get when I
invoke it on drive b: is a permanently spinning drive and no response
to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Visual inspection of the file suggests it ought to display a help
screen with `chksum -h'.  It doesn't.

The configuration I have is MSDOS 3.20 on an XT clone with Hercules
type screen and a fair sprinkling of TSR's, several from c.b.i.p.

---