[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] bplus, B-tree indexed file source package

hollen@spot.megatek.uucp (Dion Hollenbeck) (02/28/89)

From article <5948@bsu-cs.UUCP>, by davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (Bill Davidsen):
> Posting-number: Volume 01 Issue 175
> Originally-from: Hunter and associates <no email address>
> Submitted-by: Bill Davidsen <davidsen@crdos1.UUCP>
> Archive-name: bplus11a/bplus11a.uue
>
> [
> B-PLUS is a C source package that implements an indexed file database
> using B-trees.  It was originally meant for Turbo C 1.0 or Microsoft C
> 5.0, and has been adapted for UNIX by Bill Davidsen.

If this is the adapted for UNIX source, why was it posted here and
if it is why not have posted source for TC or MSC which is much more
appropriate?  How can the TC or MSC version be gotten?

	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
	Megatek Corporation, 9645 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA  92121

                                seismo!s3sun!megatek!hollen
                                ames!scubed/

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (03/04/89)

In article (Dion Hollenbeck) writes:
>From article davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (Bill Davidsen):

>> B-PLUS is a C source package that implements an indexed file database
>> using B-trees.  It was originally meant for Turbo C 1.0 or Microsoft C
>> 5.0, and has been adapted for UNIX by Bill Davidsen.
>>
>If this is the adapted for UNIX source, why was it posted here and
>if it is why not have posted source for TC or MSC which is much more
>appropriate?  How can the TC or MSC version be gotten?

Upon taking the time to extract the readme file one discovers:

=>This package represents a few changes I have made in the bplus package
=>from Hunter and Associates. I have made a few changes and have been able
=>to run this on MS-DOS, Xenix/286, Xenix/386, SunOS, Ultrix, Encore,
=>Convex, Sequent, and Cray-2. In short, I think it works in UNIX as well
=>as DOS now...

kEITH (thanks, bill) eRICSON