[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Zoo yes!

opsowens@sunybcs.uucp (William Owens) (03/04/89)

In article <3980@ttidca.TTI.COM> svirsky@ttidcc.tti.com (Bill Svirsky) writes:
>In article <1529@skinner.nprdc.arpa> malloy@nprdc.arpa (Sean Malloy) writes:
>+ As a commentary on this, in comp.graphics, a zoo'd archive of a ray
>+ tracing program was posted recently. Using the ZOO source from
>+ SIMTEL20, _none_ of the files in the zoo archive were extractable, all
>
>I also follow comp.graphics.  My understanding from the discussions
>there of the problems with the .ZOO file were NOT a problem with zoo but
>that the multipart uuencoded posting was being put together incorrectly.

    I edited the files, combined them, uudecoded, checked the integrity of
the archive, extracted the documentation for network printing, and THEN sent
the file to my AT. I've already decided that ZOO is my archiver of choice -
now all that remains is to get arc running on our UNIX box here so that I can
convert the arc'd files to ZOO before downloading.

    BTW, the raytracer works fine, but my machine is far too slow...

                                    Bill.

Bill Owens                                 opsowens@marvin.cs.buffalo.edu
                                           opnowens@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu
 You rotten Norman swine you...look, my knees 'ave dropped! - Bluebottle