[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] TROFF for IBM-PC

sp299-ad@violet.berkeley.edu (Celso Alvarez) (03/08/89)

Is there any version (even if limited) of TROFF or NROFF
for MS-DOS?  I've got the text editor VI from comp.binaries.ibm.pc,
but it would be nice to have the formatter as well, of course.

If TROFF exists, please post it, or e-mail it at the address below.
Thanks,
Celso Alvarez

whh@pbhya.PacBell.COM (Wilson Heydt) (03/09/89)

In article <21307@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, sp299-ad@violet.berkeley.edu (Celso Alvarez) writes:
> Is there any version (even if limited) of TROFF or NROFF
> for MS-DOS?  I've got the text editor VI from comp.binaries.ibm.pc,
> but it would be nice to have the formatter as well, of course.

A few years ago Alan Holub wrote a version of nroff--he called it 'nr'--
that was written up and published by "Dr. Dobbs' Journal."  When I got
a copy it was $35 for source and object, including a more complete
implementation of the 'ms' macro package than *I* ever use.  Check an
issue of the magazine--it ought to be available from them.

  Hal Heydt                             |    Money is the root of all
  Analyst, Pacific*Bell                 |    evil--and a man *needs*
  415-645-7708                          |    roots.
  whh@pbhya.PacBell.COM

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (03/09/89)

Elan sells genuine WWB for PC. nroff is $99, troff is available for more.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)

ked@garnet.berkeley.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) (03/11/89)

In article <13330@steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>Elan sells genuine WWB for PC. nroff is $99, troff is available for more.

MKS (Mortice Kern Systems) also sells a full-blown, licensed port of troff
for PeeCees.

johnk@grebyn.COM (John Kennedy) (03/11/89)

In article <21435@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> ked@garnet.berkeley.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) writes:
>In article <13330@steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>>Elan sells genuine WWB for PC. nroff is $99, troff is available for more.
>
>MKS (Mortice Kern Systems) also sells a full-blown, licensed port of troff
>for PeeCees.

Elan sells a full blown DWB with troff/HP Laser Jet drivers, font management,
pic, grap, tbl, etc., but it does run about $600-$800.  I forget exactly
what I paid for it, but I have absolutely no complaints.  Elan calls it EROFF.

--
John Kennedy            |        Second Source, Inc.
johnk@opel.UUCP         |        Annapolis, MD

sp299-ad@violet.berkeley.edu (Celso Alvarez) (03/13/89)

Thanks to all who replied about PCROFF and similar
stuff.  I was looking for a non-commercial package.
End of search.

Celso Alvarez