[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Extraction of binaries from multiple articles - a question

rry@homxb.ATT.COM (R.YADAVALLI) (03/16/89)

Hello,

Eventhough I have extracted stuff from uuencoded archive files before, I
haven't had much success with getting stuff out of multi-part postings.  I
hate to be missing out on all the goodies posted in the recent past.  I have
tried uudecode and PKXARC commands on individual files as well as a concatenated
version of all the parts.  Uudecode complains that there is no 'begin' line for
the intermediate parts.  For those I was able to uudecode somehow,  CRC check
fails on some files during dearchiving.

Could some kind soul e-mail me the right way of dealing with these multi-part
articles?  Thank you all in advance for your help.

Raghu Yadavalli
AT&T Bell Laboratories,
Holmdel,  New Jersey

mallari@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Brian Mallari) (03/17/89)

In article <3173@homxb.ATT.COM> rry@homxb.ATT.COM (R.YADAVALLI) writes:
>haven't had much success with getting stuff out of multi-part postings.  I
[....]
>Could some kind soul e-mail me the right way of dealing with these multi-part
>articles?  Thank you all in advance for your help.

Create a file called "combine" that contains the following:

#! /bin/sh
cat $* | sed '/^END/,/^BEGIN/d' | uudecode

Then just type:    combine <file1> <file2> <file3> ......
where file1,2,3,... are the parts of the uuencoded file.
You don't have to edit the parts at all before you run 'compile'.

-Brian

Fancy signature under construction.