[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] compiling fiz with turbo c 1.0

guest@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU (visitors) (03/25/89)

I just got all of the zoo sources posted to comp.sources.unix and the
additional sources for msdos posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc (mssup201.arc)
and have been trying to compile the fiz program (the zoo program compiled
just fine).  The problem is when the linker links all the obj files, there
are two unresolved things in the file portable.c:  _isupper and _toascii
which file are these routines supposed to be, or is there something missing.
(I am compiling the fiz program with the fiz.prj file with tc1.0)

---Mark Schaffer
16448591@vuvaxcom.bitnet 16448591@excalibur.UUCP guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP

spolsky-joel@CS.YALE.EDU (Joel Spolsky) (03/25/89)

In article <2260@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU> 16448591@VUVAXCOM.BITNET (Mark Schaffer) writes:

>are two unresolved things in the file portable.c:  _isupper and _toascii
>which file are these routines supposed to be, or is there something missing.
>(I am compiling the fiz program with the fiz.prj file with tc1.0)
>
>---Mark Schaffer
>16448591@vuvaxcom.bitnet 16448591@excalibur.UUCP guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP

Mark,

Try two things:

- add #include <ctype.h> to the offending file(s)
- replace all mentions of _isupper with isupper and
_toascii with toascii in the source code.

Or use a later version of Turbo C which defines these macros (TC1.0
did not have _is... functions).

+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
|  Joel Spolsky  | bitnet: spolsky@yalecs.bitnet     uucp: ...!yale!spolsky |
|                | internet: spolsky@cs.yale.edu     voicenet: 203-436-1483 |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
                                                      #include <disclaimer.h>

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (03/28/89)

In article <2260@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU> 16448591@VUVAXCOM.BITNET (Mark
Schaffer) writes:
[problems compiling fiz from mssup201.arc]

Be careful when compiling fiz and zoo in sequence.  Both use some of
the same files.  But you must delete object files from one before
compiling the other, else you will get unresolved references.  Follow
the step-by-step instructions given in one of the documentation files
included in the package.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi
                    ARPA:  dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu