[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] LAST CALL FOR VOTES: Zoo or no?

roy@sts.sts.com (03/22/89)

I have received no more votes on whether to convert comp.binaries.ibm.pc
to Zoo or not in the last 5 days.  I intend to close off the voting as
of Sunday, March 26 and will report the results then.  If anyone out there
hasn't voted yet and wants to, please do so immediately.

Roy Bixler                   | UUCP: ...!{claris,sun}!sts!roy
Semiconductor Test Solutions | phones: (408) 727-2885 x132 (work)
4101 Burton Dr.              |         (408) 289-1035      (home)
Santa Clara, CA  95054

jeremy@mips.COM (Jeremy M. Schneider) (03/22/89)

I would like to vote yes on zoo, but none of my mail
gets through.
--
Jeremy M. Schneider                     jeremy@mips.com
MIPS Computer Systems                   {ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!jeremy

newsuser@LTH.Se (LTH network news server) (03/23/89)

In article <3502@silver.bacs.indiana.edu> beckman@silver.UUCP (Pete Beckman) writes:
>I don't think the voting has been fair. I can't mail to him, and I have
>seen other people's notes about the same problem, How can we vote?
>Either give us an address that is pretty sure-fire, or get someone else
>to collect votes.  -Pete

I agree, I can't cast my vote either.
-- Ake

deng@shire (Mingqi Deng) (03/23/89)

In article <3502@silver.bacs.indiana.edu> beckman@silver.UUCP (Pete Beckman) writes:
>I don't think the voting has been fair. I can't mail to him, and I have
>seen other people's notes about the same problem, How can we vote?
>Either give us an address that is pretty sure-fire, or get someone else
>to collect votes.  -Pete

The address is
              ....!rutgers!apple!claris!sts!roy
eg. for me it is
           psuvax1!rutgers!apple!claris!sts!roy

You can easily find his address by receiving his message using mail-box
format. The mail so received must have a full path from your system to
his. Do not try to reply inside netnews. That only uses the address you
see in side netnews, not necessarily the full path.

Hope this solves the problem.

Mingqi

roy@sts.sts.com (03/25/89)

You can look in my new, improved .sig for hints on how to get mail to
me.

It looks like, due to the numerous objections about mail not getting
here, I should extend the voting for another week.  The new deadline
is Sunday, April 2nd, 1989.

Roy Bixler                   | UUCP: ...!{claris,sun}!sts!roy    |
Semiconductor Test Solutions | Internet: sts!roy@Sun.COM         |
4101 Burton Dr.              | phones: (408) 727-2885 x132 (work)|
Santa Clara, CA  95054	     |         (408) 289-1035      (home)|

joshua@tc.fluke.COM (John B. "JB" LaRue) (03/31/89)

I vote for uuencoded/archived.

(couldn't get through with e-mail...)

jbl

                                *******
John LaRue; John Fluke Mfg. Co MS 116A; PO Box C9090 Everett WA 98206
{uw-beaver,decvax!microsof,ucbvax!lbl-csam,allegra,ssc-vax}!fluke!joshua
                             (206) 356-5753

porter@caip.rutgers.edu (Adam L. Porter) (04/01/89)

No Zoo!!!  Let's stick to arc or zip with uuencode/uudecode.

						-Adam