[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Use Zoo or not: prelim. vote count

roy@sts.sts.UUCP (04/06/89)

Thanks to all who voted in the "use Zoo or not in cbip" debate.  I
don't have time now to do a complete summary of the voting, but I
think I have at least eliminated any duplicates.  The preliminary
results are:

Yes (use Zoo):  137

No (hold off,
stay the course,
use Zip, etc.):  43

If there is demand, I will spend the time and make a complete listing
of who voted what and some particularly good statements on either side
of the vote.  That is all for now.

Roy Bixler                   | UUCP: ...!{claris,sun}!sts!roy    |
Semiconductor Test Solutions | Internet: sts!roy@Claris.COM      |
4101 Burton Dr.              | phones: (408) 727-2885 x132 (work)|
Santa Clara, CA  95054	     |         (408) 289-1035      (home)|

malpass@vlsi.ll.mit.edu (Don Malpass) (04/07/89)

In article <77800015@sts> roy@sts.sts.UUCP writes:
>... voted in the "use Zoo or not in cbip" debate....
>... of who voted what and some particularly good statements....

I hate to do anything to revive or prolong this debate, but there were
so many indications that people were unable to reach you with their
votes that a simple list of voters might be useful.  I honestly don't
know whether any of my msgs reached you or not, and others said the
same thing.
--
Don Malpass   [malpass@LL-vlsi.arpa],  [malpass@gandalf.ll.mit.edu]
  Malpass's Law of Laundry:  The number of socks removed from the

paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) (04/07/89)

In article <301@vlsi.ll.mit.edu> malpass@ll-vlsi.arpa.UUCP (Don Malpass) writes:
>I hate to do anything to revive or prolong this debate, but there were
>so many indications that people were unable to reach you with their
>votes that a simple list of voters might be useful.

It is hard to imagine that any inability to address mail would have biased
the vote.  If some people had problems with their mailers, it is probable
that they exhibited much the same distribution as those who didn't have
such problems.  It doesn't appear as if the results came out 2 to 1, tho.
It looks closer to 3 to 1 to me.

--
Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.    :Internet           cgh!paul@manta.pha.pa.us