[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Binary Editor efile.arc

steve@eros.ame.arizona.edu (Steve Cannon) (04/07/89)

I recently tried to use the binary editor efile that was posted to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc; the result in either review or edit mode was
disorganized output. In review mode I tried using the "8" and "H"
(set to 128) options, which improved the quality of the display but
did not clear the main problem which appears to be one of wrap
around, or perhaps no end of line character at the end of each
line. I installed it on an XT clone with a hercules mono card.

Anyone else encounter similar problems, or have a suggestion as
to how I can fix this problem? Thanks for any help!

 Steve Cannon   <X> UUCP: ...{allegra,cmc12,hao!noao,att}!arizona!eros!steve
 AME Dept.      <XXXXXXXX> Internet: eros!steve@ARIZONA.EDU
 University of Arizona <X> Bitnet: scannon@arizrvax
 Tucson, AZ 85721      <X> Phone: +1 602 621 6091

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (04/10/89)

In article <949@amethyst.math.arizona.edu> eros!steve@arizona.edu (Steve Cannon) writes:
>I recently tried to use the binary editor efile that was posted to
>comp.binaries.ibm.pc; the result in either review or edit mode was
>disorganized output......

You need ANSI.SYS

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA
   Note:  I have no idea what my employer's views on the subject are.