[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] What is SIMTEL20s IP address?

frank@hpwrce.HP.COM (Frank Stutzman) (04/11/89)

I have been trying to get to simtel20 to ftp off a copy of the uemacs 3.1.
Unfortuantely, I do not have a name server running on my machine.  Could some-
one please post what its IP address is?

Thanks in advance
Frank Stutzman
HP Western Response Center
frank@hpwrc.hp.com

frank@ut-emx.UUCP (Frank Abernathy) (04/13/89)

In article <370001@hpwrce.HP.COM>, frank@hpwrce.HP.COM (Frank Stutzman) writes:
> I have been trying to get to simtel20 to ftp off a copy of the uemacs 3.1.
> (deleted) ..one please post what its IP address is?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Frank Stutzman

26.2.0.74

eboston@hpbsla.HP.COM (Ed_Boston) (04/13/89)

I just got a message from them with thier IP number.  It is 26.2.0.74

Ed Boston
eboston@hpbsla.HP.COM

cs411134@umbc5.umbc.edu (Peter Johansson) (04/24/89)

In article <1945@umbc3.UMBC.EDU> cs411134@umbc5.umbc.edu.UUCP (Peter Johansson) writes:
>In article <370001@hpwrce.HP.COM> frank@hpwrce.HP.COM (Frank Stutzman) writes:
>>I have been trying to get to simtel20 to ftp off a copy of the uemacs 3.1.
>>Unfortuantely, I do not have a name server running on my machine.  Could some-
>>one please post what its IP address is?
>
>Is it my imagination or has there been a recent flurry of articles
>relating to MicroEmacs 3.1?  I was under the impression that the
>latest version was something like 3.9.

I just wrote that, and after a little investigation, I discovered that
you were refering to 3.10, which is really "three dot ten" rather then
"three dot one" or "three dot one zero" as I had interpreted.

The origonal message is being yanked from the net, though I'm sure not
before thousands of you were forced to read it.  I'm sorry.  Oh well...

At this point I should include some mild flame about ambiguous version
numbers but 1) I will only wind up looking even more foolish, 2) It's
already some 4 hours past my bedtime and 3) you get my point...