[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Source codes

ce@umree.isc.umr.edu (Chris Eberhardt) (04/27/89)

Does anyone know where I can obtain the object
and/or source code for the public domain version
of Matlab for the pc?  According to the manual,
the program must be relinked to add a user written
function.  Or does anyone know if there is a
public domain version which allows operating system
escapes (i.e. a version closer to the commercial
release)?

I am also looking for curses.h for turbo-c.
Is it available from simtel or can someone please
mail it to  me?

Thanks load in advance.

jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin,,,) (05/02/89)

From article <185@umrisca.isc.umr.edu>, by ce@umree.isc.umr.edu (Chris Eberhardt):
> Does anyone know where I can obtain the object
> and/or source code for the public domain version
> of Matlab for the pc?  According to the manual,

	No, but I'd sure like to get a copy of the public domain version
of matlab if you have it.  Could you please uuencode it and email it to
me?  I'd be much appreciative.

--
Jason Coughlin
( jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu , jk0@clutx.BITNET , or whatever! )

manderse@orion.cf.uci.edu (Mark Andersen) (05/03/89)

In article <2985@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin,,,) writes:
>From article <185@umrisca.isc.umr.edu>, by ce@umree.isc.umr.edu (Chris Eberhardt):
>> Does anyone know where I can obtain the object
>> and/or source code for the public domain version
>> of Matlab for the pc?  According to the manual,
>
>	I'd sure like to get a copy of the public domain version
>of matlab if you have it.

Public domain Matlab? Is it so? I also am VERY interested in this beast,
if it is not of the mythical variety.

Mark Andersen                   manderse@orion.cf.uci.edu
Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
UC Irvine, Irvine, CA, 92717

kweeder@sunny2.che.clarkson.edu (Jim Kweeder) (05/03/89)

In article <1829@orion.cf.uci.edu> manderse@orion.cf.uci.edu (Mark Andersen)
writes:
 [Other pleas deleted]
>Public domain Matlab? Is it so? I also am VERY interested in this beast,
>if it is not of the mythical variety.

All right, already.  I've got both executable and source code for
a PC version of Matlab.  It's a straight port of the U. New Mexico
code, so I don't think it has much in the way of nifty graphics.
As far as I know, this is all PD (if anyone out there begs to differ,
speak up).  If you want either, e-mail.  If I get sufficient interest,
I'll post it to the binary/source group.  If you need it _real_ bad,
state it so (just keep in mind that someday in the future, I'll call
upon you to do me a good turn. . .).

Disclaimer:  While I've used the program quite a bit, I haven't
tried out every feature.  Therefore, I make no warranty of any kind.

Jim Kweeder
kweeder@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

PS:  I've also got source and object for DIGLIB, so if you're in
search of a project, perhaps you'd like to make a PD version of
Matlab with graphics.

mct@ihlpe.ATT.COM (452is-Thompson) (05/03/89)

From article <2996@sunny2.che.clarkson.edu>, by kweeder@sunny2.che.clarkson.edu (Jim Kweeder):
> All right, already.  I've got both executable and source code for
> a PC version of Matlab.  It's a straight port of the U. New Mexico
> code, so I don't think it has much in the way of nifty graphics.
> As far as I know, this is all PD (if anyone out there begs to differ,
> speak up).  If you want either, e-mail.

> PS:  I've also got source and object for DIGLIB, so if you're in
> search of a project, perhaps you'd like to make a PD version of
> Matlab with graphics.

	I would greatly appreciate a copy of both the binary and the

source for Matlab and DIGLIB.  I need the binary for my boys and

the source for me to play with.  And I indeed will do you a good

turn when it is in my power to do so.

		Craig Thompson
		ihlpe!mct

	P.S.

		Thanks in advance.

keeping the responce poster happy about new to old text ratio.
.
,
,
.
.
.
.
.

kweeder@sunny2.che.clarkson.edu (Jim Kweeder) (05/03/89)

In article <2996@sunny2.che.clarkson.edu> kweeder@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
(Jim Kweeder) writes:

>All right, already.  I've got both executable and source code for
>a PC version of Matlab.

OK!!!!!  My mbox runnith-over with e-mail joy!

I'll post the executable package to c.b.i.p.

I've also got several requests for the source code.  If I don't post,
I'll e-mail (or perhaps get my su to put it up for ftp).

I've also got several requests for the DIGLIB material.  I'll make
a similar decision.

So, unless you want source code or express service, please don't
e-mail.

harvey@dtrc.arpa (Harvey) (05/05/89)

>From article <185@umrisca.isc.umr.edu>, by ce@umree.isc.umr.edu (Chris Eberhardt):
>> Does anyone know where I can obtain the object
>> and/or source code for the public domain version
>> of Matlab for the pc?  According to the manual,

	I have the PD version of MATLAB.ARC available on my RBBS.  This
file is approximately 318,000 Bytes long.

	Also, if I remember right I think I might have received MATLAB
from Public Brand Software (I don't have the address with me at home, it
is at work)  If you want the address, send me a message and I will send
it to you.

In article <2985@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin,,,) writes:

>	No, but I'd sure like to get a copy of the public domain version
>of matlab if you have it.  Could you please uuencode it and email it to
>me?  I'd be much appreciative.

	I would be glad to uuencode it for you and mail it, but unfortunately
I don't seem to have much luck getting sending mail outside the ARPAnet (DDN
environment).  There is still alot I have to learn.  If anyone has any handy
text lying around that might enlighten me, I would be most appreciative for the
information.  In the meantime, if anyone wants to get a copy of MATLAB from
me, contact me and arrangements can be made.  I don't want to advertise the
RBBS number worldwide.  Hope this helps.

			Betty Harvey
			David Taylor Research Center
			Microcomputer Support Group
			Department of the Navy