[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Sobokan

gavin@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Gavin C. H. Zau) (05/10/89)

I read in the news that there is a game called "Sobokan"?? for
the pc.  Can anyone please tell me where I can anonymous
ftp a copy of it.  Thanks.

--
Gavin Zau	Dept of Chemical Engineering, MIT
		gavin@caf.mit.edu	mefl@eagle.mit.edu

las) (05/11/89)

In article <2320@mit-caf.MIT.EDU> gavin@mit-caf.UUCP (Gavin C. H. Zau) writes:
>I read in the news that there is a game called "Sobokan"?? for
>the pc.  Can anyone please tell me where I can anonymous
>ftp a copy of it.  Thanks.

I snarfed a copy of sokoban2 as it went by on comp.sources.games.  The
history of this implementation is sort of wierd since it was apparently
copied (i.e., reimplemented) from a game originally seen on a PC to
begin with.  The original author (of the reimplementation) created a
Unix-C-and-curses implementation which was later ported to the PC.  Mike
Ching takes credit for adding EGA support using Turbo C BGI.  I have
compiled it and the EGA version looks pretty neat.  It's supposed to
revert to a text-and-curses implementation if you do not have an EGA but
I have yet to try this out.

Perhaps I should submit to c.b.i.p? (I'm not clear on Rahul's attitude
towards games - I was under the impression that he did not want to post
them, but the recent revival of the raging controversy over unmoderated
binaries groups reveals, if I understood correctly, that he simply
relegates games to a lower priority.)

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (att!cbnews!cbema!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave