[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] CURSES manual wanted by games programmer

13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca (05/10/89)

Please tell me where to find a Curses manual.  If you have it,
please e-mail it to me.  We need one for a game (see
rec.games.programmer, NEW D&D COMING!!??!!).  We want the
game to be more portable thanthe current Turbo C/BGI graphics
version.

Alex Pruss                            Pat Surry

13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca

13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca (05/12/89)

In article <2186@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
> Please tell me where to find a Curses manual.  If you have it,
> please e-mail it to me.  We need one for a game (see
> rec.games.programmer, NEW D&D COMING!!??!!).  We want the
> game to be more portable thanthe current Turbo C/BGI graphics
> version.
Please ignore this message:

ADMINISTRATORS:    REMOVE MY PREVIOUS POSTING.

I DO HAVE THE MANUAL, AND I DO NOT WANT MANY Mb OF SAME
CURSES MANUAL.  THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME.

> Alex Pruss                            Pat Surry
>
> 13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca

las) (05/16/89)

In article <2186@uwovax.uwo.ca> 13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
}Please tell me where to find a Curses manual.  If you have it,
}please e-mail it to me.  We need one for a game (see
}rec.games.programmer, NEW D&D COMING!!??!!).  We want the
}game to be more portable thanthe current Turbo C/BGI graphics
}version.

}Alex Pruss                            Pat Surry

E-mail me if you have not already received it from another source.  Before
your final release, please consider waiting for the posting of my repairs
and upgrades for PC Curses (Michael Ewan's Turbo C port of Bjorn Larsson's
Microsoft C V4 port of Pavel Curtis' public domain "ncurses" package).  I
have only found one bug - in the _curseskeytst routine - but I am also
adding support for the TI Pro computer.  The package will then work
transparently and correctly with either an IBM PC or the Pro and thus
allow me more easily to support my old Pro along with newer mainstream
computers.  Plus, if others use it, then the Pro gets some extra free
support!

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (att!cbnews!cbema!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (05/16/89)

Larry --- do you have an anticipated delivery date for this new release
of curses?

"Dammit, I just can't wait..."

las) (05/17/89)

In article <20769@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
>Larry --- do you have an anticipated delivery date for this new release
>of curses?

>"Dammit, I just can't wait..."

Let me look at my schedule...  Damn!  I'm having a little trouble find-
ing enough evening and weekend time.  I might be able to finish it to my
satisfaction in one more week.  I want at least a week of testing to go
with it, maybe more (again, I assume enough free time) as I want it to
test well.  Looks like we're talking a minimum of two weeks - Murphy'll
see that doesn't happen, right?.  Perhaps we are talking about as much
as three to four weeks.

Perhaps you could help me test.  For that matter, maybe others could
help.  Does anyone have some good programs to test it with (test suites,
utilities, games, or other neat stuff)?  If so please e-mail - this
would be an immense help.  Remember, this is the Turbo C version, I do
not have MicroSoft C at present, so I cannot verify that it works with
that as well.  For fast release, I need these things quickly.

For possible future release:

 1) Has anyone else modified or enhanced PC Curses since the 17 Oct 87
    release (that's the date on Michael Ewan's README.TOO file in the
    package - Bjorn Larsson's release date of the MSoft C V4 version
    appears to be 24 Aug 87)?  Perhaps we can produce a coordinated
    release, please e-mail.

 2) Has anyone added EGA/VGA support?

 3) Perhaps an MSoft C wizard could step forward to help bring forth a
    compatible, transportable version.

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (cbema!las@att.ATT.COM or att!cbema!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave
(With apologies to the real thing.  The above represents my views only.)
(Please note my mailing address.  Mail sent directly to cbnews doesn't make it.)