[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] MicroEMACS V3.9 Availability

lever@linus.UUCP (lever) (05/18/89)

I have seen alot of postings about uEmacs 3.1.  I remember reading
about version 3.9 fairly recently.  What is the difference between the
D. Lawrence 3.9 and the 3.1 that I'm reading about now?

Is there an FTP site that has version 3.9 archived?

Thanks,

Mark
(lever@linus.uucp)

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (05/20/89)

In article <53574@linus.UUCP> lever@linus.UUCP (lever) writes:
>I have seen alot of postings about uEmacs 3.1.  I remember reading
>about version 3.9 fairly recently.  What is the difference between the
>D. Lawrence 3.9 and the 3.1 that I'm reading about now?
>
>Is there an FTP site that has version 3.9 archived?

MicroEMACS 3.9 is obsolete.  The new version is 3.10, not 3.1.  The
upgrade is 9 --> 10.  All files in the distribution are available via
anonymous FTP from SIMTEL20 or from the file servers.

--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives

neubauer@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Paul Neubauer) (05/20/89)

In article <53574@linus.UUCP> lever@linus.UUCP (lever) writes:
>I have seen alot of postings about uEmacs 3.1.  I remember reading
>about version 3.9 fairly recently.  What is the difference between the
>D. Lawrence 3.9 and the 3.1 that I'm reading about now?

No, No.  This is not 3.1, it is 3.10, which comes AFTER 3.9.  I know that
this is not how you would interpret it as a DECIMAL FRACTION, but it is not
a fraction, it is a version number.

(p.s.:  sorry, folks, I tried to mail this.  It bounced.)

--
Paul Neubauer         neubauer@bsu-cs.bsu.edu        neubauer@bsu-cs.UUCP
                      <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!neubauer