[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] DOS 4.00 compatible DDIR

abcscagz@csuna.csun.edu (Jeff Boeing) (05/25/89)

Thank you one and all to those of you who graciously responded to my
request.  Thanks to my getting my hands on the source code for the DDIR
directory filter, I have been able to convert it so that it has greater
compatibility with DOS 4.  It is still quite small (812 bytes) and eminently
useful.
   For those of you who don't know, DDIR was a utility that appeared in
PC Magazine circa 1985.  It sorted directory listings into two alphabetically
ordered columns and paused after each screenful.  Unfortunately, under DOS
4.00, the "Volume ..." and "Directory of ..." lines got shuffled in with the
rest of the directory listing.  I've patched that problem up, so now DDIR
is compatible with any DOS you might own from version 2.0 onward.
   If anyone is interested in a copy, send me email.  If enough people respond,
I will post the (short) program here rather than mail it to you.

Sincerely,
--
Jeff Boeing:  ...!csun.edu!csuna!abcscagz    (formerly tracer@stb.UUCP)
"Thank you for shopping at Pons & Fleischman's used reactor shop."

hardin@hpindda.HP.COM (John Hardin) (05/25/89)

>If anyone is interested in a copy, send me email.  If enough people respond,
>I will post the (short) program here rather than mail it to you.
>
>Jeff Boeing:  ...!csun.edu!csuna!abcscagz    (formerly tracer@stb.UUCP)
----------

Could you let us know what the source language is?  This might
increase or reduce the number of requests you get.

Thanks,
John Hardin

abcscagz@csuna.csun.edu (Jeff Boeing) (05/27/89)

In article <35180009@hpindda.HP.COM> hardin@hpindda.HP.COM (John Hardin) writes:

>Could you let us know what the source language is?  This might
>increase or reduce the number of requests you get.

It's in 8086/88 assembly language, assembled under MASM, linked under LINK,
and converted to .COM format under EXE2BIN.  (How much more generic can you
get?)

And I've already posted it to Rahul.

--
Jeff Boeing:  ...!csun.edu!csuna!abcscagz    (formerly tracer@stb.UUCP)
"Let's split up -- we can do more damage that way."