[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Missing Part 4 of Nethack

kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) (05/19/89)

Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
please pass it on to me.

Thanks,

	    Gerry Kokodyniak

--
Gerry Kokodyniak, Ph.D. Student             Dept. of Mech. Eng., U. of Toronto
INTERNET: kokody2@me.utoronto.ca             Structural Integrity Fatigue and

henders@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (B. Scott Henderson) (05/19/89)

In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
>please pass it on to me.
>Thanks,
>	    Gerry Kokodyniak

Me Too!

Scott Henderson (henders@mist.cs.orst.EDU)

B. Scott Henderson			Internet:  henders@mist.cs.orst.edu
Dept. of Computer Science		UUCP:      tektronix!orstcs!henders
Oregon State University			UUCP:      hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!henders
Corvallis, OR  97331

ghodsi@shire (M. Ghodsi) (05/20/89)

In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods....

We did not receive it either. Can somebody send this part to me too? thanx.

-- M. Ghodsi
   ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu

kwerle@ics.uci.edu (Kurt Werle) (05/20/89)

>Me Too!
>
>Scott Henderson (henders@mist.cs.orst.EDU)

Me Three!  Would someone please re-post it?
			Thanks,
			Kurt

steve@eros.ame.arizona.edu (Steve Cannon) (05/20/89)

In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did not seem to
>make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul please pass it on to me.

Nor my neck of the woods. I also would greatly appreciate assistance in
obtaining an e-mail copy of part 4. So far, I have received all but parts
4 and 9 (7 and 8 arrived today).

Steve Cannon <X> UUCP: ...{uunet,allegra,cmc12,hao!noao,att}!arizona!eros!steve
AME Dept.    <XXXXXXXXXX> Internet: eros!steve@ARIZONA.EDU
University of Arizona <X> Bitnet: scannon@arizrvax
Tucson, AZ 85721      <X> Phone: +1 602 621 6091

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (05/20/89)

In article <10718@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, henders@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (B. Scott Henderson) writes:
 >In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca>
 >kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
 >>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
 >>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
 >>please pass it on to me.
 >>Thanks,
 >>           Gerry Kokodyniak
 >
 >Me Too!

Me three!  (Send mail if you have it, I'll pick the closest person to
mail it to me.)

--
Marc Unangst
UUCP smart    : mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us

drk@athena.mit.edu (David R Kohr) (05/20/89)

I didn't get Nethack Part 04, either.  Could someone please e-mail
it to me?

          Thanks,

		David R. Kohr, M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory
	email:	KOHR@LL.LL.MIT.EDU (preferred) OR drk@athena.mit.edu
	phone:	(617)981-0775 (work), (617)527-3908 (home)

lfk@mbio.med.upenn.edu (Lee Kolakowski) (05/20/89)

In article <10718@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> henders@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (B. Scott Henderson) writes:
>   In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>   >Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>   >not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
>   >please pass it on to me.
>   >Thanks,
>   >	    Gerry Kokodyniak
>
>   Me Too!
>	   Scott Henderson (henders@mist.cs.orst.EDU)

Me three, I double checked and it was not received anywhere in the area.

--

Frank Kolakowski

|lfk@mbio.med.upenn.edu                 ||      Lee F. Kolakowski   |
|kolakowski@mscf.med.upenn.             ||	Univ. of Penna.     |
|c/o jes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu		||	Dept of Chemistry   |
|kolakowski@c.chem.upenn.edu		||	231 South 34th St.  |
|bcooperman.kolakowski@bionet-20.arpa	||	Phila, PA 19104     |
|AT&T:	1-215-898-2927			||--------------------------|
|#include <litigate.h>			||      One-Liner Here!     |

newsuser@LTH.Se (LTH network news server) (05/20/89)

In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca>
kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods.

It hasn't got to Sweden either. All the other parts (2+8) have
arrived, but not part 4. What has happened?
--
Ake Knutsson     email:  knut@tts.lth.se    phone:  +46 46 10 49 12
Communication Systems, Lund Institute of Technology, Sweden

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (05/20/89)

In article <968@amethyst.math.arizona.edu> steve@eros.UUCP (Steve Cannon) writes:
>In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did not seem to
>>make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul please pass it on to me.

>Nor my neck of the woods. I also would greatly appreciate assistance in

Nor here.  I have received all other parts, and they brik just fine, but it's
hard to de-arc without part 4.

I would appreciate an e-mail copy of part 4, or whatever suits the
net.protocol for cases like this.

bhv@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Bronis Vidugiris) (05/21/89)

In article <10718@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> henders@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (B. Scott Henderson) writes:
>In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
]>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
]>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
]>please pass it on to me.
]>Thanks,
]>	    Gerry Kokodyniak
]
]Me Too!
]
]Scott Henderson (henders@mist.cs.orst.EDU)
]
Make that three.  I've been hoping it will show up over here, but no luck.
I'd also appreciate it if some kind soul would mail it over here - but
please mail a short message first.  If I get more than one offer, I'll
pick the shortest route, (and avoid duplicate and large mail messages).

bhv@ddsw1

kaldis@topaz.rutgers.edu (Theodore A. Kaldis) (05/21/89)

In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:

> Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
> not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
> please pass it on to me.

It didn't make it here, either.  Perhaps a repost might be in order?
--
              Theodore A. Kaldis                      |  "Perhaps we may
              +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-                      |   frighten away

erbo@olive.ucsb.edu (Eric J. Bowersox) (05/21/89)

In article <May.20.18.48.55.1989.25570@topaz.rutgers.edu> kaldis@topaz.rutgers.edu (Theodore A. Kaldis) writes:
>In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>> Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>> not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
>> please pass it on to me.
>
>It didn't make it here, either.  Perhaps a repost might be in order?

I don't have it either.  Maybe a repost is definitely in order....

Also, somehow I missed part 2.  Could some generous person out there
e-mail it here?  Thanks....

/////////  Disclaimer:  Uh, well, Huttenback didn't need one... \\\\\\\\
////// * Eric J. Bowersox (ERBO) * VP, UCSB Campus Computer Club  \\\\\\
//// erbo%cornu@hub.ucsb.edu (other addresses left as an exercise)  \\\\
// ----- Vertical is horizontal turned 90 degrees.  -- M. Gegus ----- \\

heiby@falkor.UUCP (Ron Heiby) (05/21/89)

Gee, Look what I got in the same news batch this morning!  Here's a diff
of the two articles:
-----
1c1
< Subject: v02i089: nethack, version 2.3e EXECUTABLE (REPOST) (part 04/09)
< Date: 21 May 89 05:18:21 GMT
---
> Subject: v02i089: nethack, version 2.3e EXECUTABLE (part 04/09)
> Date: 18 May 89 05:00:16 GMT
12,14d11
-----
Golly, I'm glad we all got that repost.  Maybe it's worth noting that
some sites (like mcdchg) have redundant feeds and delayed ihave/sendme
links.  We use a 3 day delayed ihave/sendme link with some of our
neighbors, getting 99% of our news from our "main" feed sites.  If something
doesn't show up in a couple of days from them, then an ihave coming from
one of the others triggers a sendme.  I assume that something like that
happened in this case on another site.  Maybe reposts (and requests for
reposts) should wait at least a week to allow the redundancy that some
have tried to build into the net a chance to work.  Thanks.
--
Ron Heiby, heiby@chg.mcd.mot.com	Moderator: comp.newprod
"Life is indeed an inexplicable sequence of imponderable surprises."

marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) (05/21/89)

In article <968@amethyst.math.arizona.edu> steve@eros.UUCP (Steve Cannon) writes:
>In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did not seem to
>>make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul please pass it on to me.
>
>Nor my neck of the woods. I also would greatly appreciate assistance in
>obtaining an e-mail copy of part 4. So far, I have received all but parts
>4 and 9 (7 and 8 arrived today).

I am missing part 4 as well (i have part 9), could someone send it?

---
Mark Seiffert,  Metairie, LA.
uucp:           rex!mgse!marks
bitnet:         marks%mgse@REX.CS.TULANE.EDU
internet:       marks%mgse@rex.cs.tulane.edu

dak@hpausla.HP.COM (Dave Kruger) (05/22/89)

/ hpausla:comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d / kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) /  1:04 pm  May 19, 1989 /

> Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
> not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
> please pass it on to me.

It also didn't get here.  Perhaps it hasn't been sent yet?

I would also appreciate a copy.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dave Kruger
Hewlett-Packard Australian Software Operation (ASO)  //|  ___  ___
PO Box 439, Ringwood, Victoria, 3134, AUSTRALIA.    // | |    |   |
phone: Inter.+613 8791999, FAX: Inter.+613 8702169 //--| !--| |   |
                                                  //   | ___| |___|
HP-UX Mail:      dak@hpausla.hp.com              //
HPdesk: Dave Kruger/HPY200/UX    ACSnet address: dak@hpausla.oz

andre@targon.UUCP (andre) (05/22/89)

In article <10718@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> henders@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (B. Scott Henderson) writes:
>In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
>>please pass it on to me.
>>Thanks,
>>	    Gerry Kokodyniak
>Me Too!
>Scott Henderson (henders@mist.cs.orst.EDU)

We didn't get part 4 also, so perhaps it should be re-posted
in the mean time, if someone in europe got it, please let me know
if you are willing to send it to me.

--
~----~ |m    AAA         DDDD  It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.
~|d1|~@--   AA AAvv   vvDD  DD        Segment registers are for worms.

davii@datlog.co.uk ( Ian Davis ) (05/24/89)

In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
>please pass it on to me.

It did not get here either. Would someone post it to me please.

Thanks

     Ian Davis

m2@insyte.UUCP (Mike Arena) (05/25/89)

In article <10718@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> henders@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (B. Scott Henderson) writes:
>In article <89May18.230443edt.19798@me.utoronto.ca> kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
>>Part 4 of the recently posted Nethack ver 2.3 executable code did
>>not seem to make it in this neck of the woods. Can some kind soul
>>please pass it on to me.
>>Thanks,
>>	    Gerry Kokodyniak
>
>Me Too!
>
>Scott Henderson (henders@mist.cs.orst.EDU)
Our site did not receive it either.
Maybe a repost would be appropriate.

--
Michael J. Arena  (617) 965 8450    | UUCP: ...harvard!linus!axiom!insyte!m2
Innovative Systems Techniques       |       ...harvard!necntc!lpi!insyte!m2

kaldis@topaz.rutgers.edu (Theodore A. Kaldis) (05/28/89)

In article <185@falkor.UUCP> heiby@falkor.UUCP (Ron Heiby) writes:

> [...]  Maybe reposts (and requests for reposts) should wait at least a
> week to allow the redundancy that some have tried to build into the
> net a chance to work.

We're on a 4-day expire cycle here, and we're up against the wall with
disk space.  Consequently, some of us peons don't have all that big a
disk quota.  Unfortunately, we can't afford to wait a week for
reposts where large programs are concerned, because by that time, the
rest of the parts will have expired.  The other alternative -- yanking
the existing parts -- ties up disk space and inconveniences other
users.
--
              Theodore A. Kaldis                      |  "Perhaps we may
              +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-                      |   frighten away
      email:  kaldis@topaz.rutgers.edu                |   the ghost of so
       UUCP:  {...}!rutgers!topaz.rutgers.edu!kaldis  |   many years ago
 U.S. Snail:  P.O. Box #1212, Woodbridge, NJ  07095   |   with a little
 ex-Ma Bell:  (201) 283-4855  (voice)                 |   illumination . . ."

news@shuldig.Huji.AC.IL (news) (06/08/89)

part 04 against part 1 :-).
 -Yossi