[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need compaq 386 VGA graphics software and C++

yu@concour.CS.Concordia.CA (Yu Xinming) (06/11/89)

Does any one have or know where I can find a VGA 2D graphics sorftware
program that will run on a compaq 386 machine in 32-bit address mode.
Is there C++ or any other object-oriented programming language compiler
on compaq 386 machine ? Now I use High-C.

Any help would be appreciated.

bmw@isgtec.UUCP (Bruce Walker) (06/14/89)

In article <891@clyde.Concordia.CA> yu@concour.CS.Concordia.CA (Yu Xinming) writes:
>Is there C++ or any other object-oriented programming language compiler
>on compaq 386 machine ?

I can highly recommend "Zortech C++".  Its features:

   o  ANSI C compiler
   o  C++ Compiler (per Stroustrup 1986 with extensions)
   o  real compiler, not interpreter
   o  very fast
   o  "zcc" command line driver is very much like UNIX "cc"
   o  ANSI standard "includes" and libraries
   o  mouse and fast graphics libraries
   o  free editor (never used it myself)
   o  TSR help system (haven't tried that either)
   o  fat pocket-book-style manual (quite complete and useable)
   o  CodeView compatible (less compatible that I would have liked, but
      I have also bought their own debugger which has more symbolic
      support that CodeView).
   o  5 memory models: tiny (.com), small ... huge.
   o  example C++ programs
   o  inexpensive (around $100 US [$150 Can.])

I don't believe it generates 386-code, but it makes good '86 and '286 code.

See ads in Byte, Computer Language, Dr. Dobbs, etc.

Bruce Walker                   ...uunet!mnetor!lsuc!isgtec!mutant!bmw
ISG Technologies Inc. 3030 Orlando Dr. Mississauga. Ont. Can. L4V 1S8