[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Ad-Lib, etc....

torchins@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (06/03/89)

	I'm going to buy either an Ad-Lib, or an Innovation. Would somebody
please send me E-Mail about the two systems?

Address:torchins@iubacs.silver.edu

Please also send me a phone number for Ad-Lib as well. You don't have to, but
it would be greatly respected. Not kiss you're feet, but thanx I owe ya one.

	And if you've seen another system just as good, or better, at the
same price, scoring off the market, please tell me.

mdc@indetech.UUCP (Mark Copple) (06/08/89)

In article <120800004@silver>, torchins@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:

> 	I'm going to buy either an Ad-Lib, or an Innovation. Would somebody
> please send me E-Mail about the two systems?
>
> Address:torchins@iubacs.silver.edu
>
> Please also send me a phone number for Ad-Lib as well. You don't have to, but
> it would be greatly respected. Not kiss you're feet, but thanx I owe ya one.
>
> 	And if you've seen another system just as good, or better, at the
> same price, scoring off the market, please tell me.

 would also like the same information. I have had an Ad-Lib on order now for
3 weeks, and it seems there is a supply problem. So the telephone number of
the manufacturer might come in handy.

Also since I have not actually made the purchase yet, I would like to know
which of the music boards are the best supported. I'm looking for
an internal board that has on board music generation, not a MIDI Interface.

I have seen a bunch of games for example that support the Ad-Lib (probably why
I ordered it, best visibly supported) I would like to be able to have
tools availible that let me program for it as well.

It would be nice for any respondents to send to this newsgroup, I think there
is enough interest.

Thanks Much

Mark Copple
Independence Technologies
(415) 438-2028

hrs1@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (herman.r.silbiger) (06/14/89)

In article <3181@agate.indetech.uucp>, mdc@indetech.UUCP (Mark Copple) writes:
>  would also like the same information. I have had an Ad-Lib on order now for
> 3 weeks, and it seems there is a supply problem. So the telephone number of
> the manufacturer might come in handy.

I have had an AdLib (no dash) for almost two years, and it is very good.
It works good with Sierra games, but I was mainly interested in the composition
aspects.

They are soon adding musical notation output and voice synthesis.  I received
un upgrade once, bit these latest additions may be extra.

I don't have their phone number any more, they had an 800 number.  Their home
office is in Quebec, Canada, and they also have an office in Boston, MA.
Directory assistance may help.

Herman Silbiger batavier!hrs@att.ATT.COM

dlow@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Danny Low ) (06/17/89)

>Also since I have not actually made the purchase yet, I would like to know
>which of the music boards are the best supported. I'm looking for
>an internal board that has on board music generation, not a MIDI Interface.

Sierra Online will sell you a Roland MT32 and the necessary MIDI card
to use it for $550. This is basically cost. While the MT32 is more
expensive than the Adlib, it is far superior to it and well worth
the extra money. The Innovation card is nothing more than the music
chip from a C64 and cost more than the C64!

Sierra supports the MT32 on all their new adventure games. Electronic
Arts will do so with their future games. While Adlib is actively
pushing their card on game manufacturers, the MT32 is also gaining
acceptance despite total disinterest by Roland among game companies
due to its superior sound.

				Danny Low
           "Question Authority and the Authorities will question You"
	      dlow@hpspcoi.hp.com   ...!hpda!hpcuhc!hpspcoi!dlow