[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for a PC graphic software

eyal@techunix.BITNET (Eyal Waldman) (06/29/89)

   Hi,

I'm looking for a graphic software for drawing figures, with
the following features:

   - interactive & freindly
   - draws lines, arcs, splines, circles & squares.
   - draw the above shapes in dashed lines and variable width

After drawing the figures (on a PC) I would like to print the figures
on a laser printer i.e. the figure is to be translated to PostScript
or Tex OR have a driver to the laser printer on the PC.
If you have such a software and you can send me a copy It'll really
help me a lot.

Thanks in advance Eyal.

My E-mail is eyal@techunix.technion.ac.il

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (06/30/89)

>I'm looking for a graphic software for drawing figures, with
>the following features:
>
>   - interactive & freindly
>   - draws lines, arcs, splines, circles & squares.
>   - draw the above shapes in dashed lines and variable width
>
>After drawing the figures (on a PC) I would like to print the figures
>on a laser printer i.e. the figure is to be translated to PostScript
>or Tex OR have a driver to the laser printer on the PC.
>If you have such a software and you can send me a copy It'll really
>help me a lot.

I would suggest VP-Graphics from Paperback Software, usually carried
by Egghead Software stores.  Low price, and it will do all that you ask for
plus more.

Juz a happy user.

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vgopal
Internet: vgopal@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vgopal@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vgopal%ihuxy@research.att.com"
Silence those silent letters and save the world 500 million keystrokes a day.

thomas-m@hockey.cis.ohio-state.edu (Malcolm Thomas) (07/06/89)

In article <1502@cbnewsc.ATT.COM> vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) writes:
>>I'm looking for a graphic software for drawing figures, with
>>the following features:
>>
>>   - interactive & freindly
>>   - draws lines, arcs, splines, circles & squares.
>>   - draw the above shapes in dashed lines and variable width

Try Dr. Halo III.  It has nice circle/box features like making the circle/box
the size you want it, then you are still allowed to move it arround, enlarge
or shrink some more etc., before "stamping" it onto the picture.  It uses two
buttons on the mouse and I think you will really like it.

>>After drawing the figures (on a PC) I would like to print the figures
>>on a laser printer i.e. the figure is to be translated to PostScript
>>or Tex OR have a driver to the laser printer on the PC.
>>If you have such a software and you can send me a copy It'll really
>>help me a lot.

I don't think that I has PostScript support.  But the Cptr Salesperson
*should* be able to tell you.

Just another happy user.
Malcolm