[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Where do I find a BSD compatible ZOO?

ephram@violet.berkeley.edu (07/06/89)

I think this is the best place to post this request.

I know that ZOO was/is ported to many machines and I would like one
for BSD 4.2 (I think).  It would be nice to test my zoo's before I
download them.

Thanx

We must prevent those commies from compromising the integrity of our
precious bodily fluids.      -Gen. Jack D. Ripper
Ephram Cohen                              ephram@violet.berkeley.edu
466 44th St.  #1                          3210 Tolman Hall
Oakland, CA 94609                         Berkeley, CA  94720

s914@GTE.COM (Lawrence Bilker) (07/07/89)

In article <26058@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, ephram@violet.berkeley.edu writes:

> I know that ZOO was/is ported to many machines and I would like one
> for BSD 4.2 (I think).  It would be nice to test my zoo's before I
> download them.

If this is available, I would like a copy as well, for the same reasons.

				Larry

Internet: s914@bunny.gte.com       US Mail: Lawrence Bilker
	  s914@allegro.gte.com	    	    P.O. Box 29689
					    Rochester, NY  14627-5689

"You must maintain control of your emotions, it will be your undoing"

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (07/08/89)

You'll find BSD compatible ZOO, along with ARC, on SIMTEL20 in
directory PD2:<UNIX-C.ARC-PROGS>

Here's a copy of the information file for that directory.

    ARC is an archive/library utility developed by System Enhancement
    Associates which maintains compressed archives of files and
    directories.  It uses various methods of compressing files,
    depending on which will produce the smallest result for each
    file.  This directory contains source code for programs that
    implement ARC.

    ARC-BLURB.TXT
	A quick blurb about ARC, where to order disks and manuals.
    ARC-DOC.TXT
	The ARC manual.
    ARC-SYS5.TAR-Z
	A version of ARC for System V.  Includes patches to make it run
	under 4.xBSD.
	Contributor: C. R. Seaman <crs@cpsc6b.uucp>
    ARCSRC.TAR-Z
	The official version of ARC for UNIX.
	Contributor: Howard Chu <UMich>
    BOOZ.TAR-Z
	A program written in very portable C to extract ZOO-format archives.
	Useful when you have to get one to a system for which a normal ZOO
	program is not available.
	Contributor: Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@bsu-cs.uucp>
    ZOO.TAR-Z
	An archival program which supplies most of the functionality of
	the "tar" and "cpio" programs.  Runs under VMS, BSD, Xenix,
	SVR2, and similar systems.  Version 2.01.
	Contributor: Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@bsu-cs.uucp>

The filename.TAR-Z files should be renamed to filename.tar.Z after
transfer to your Unix host.  These files were compressed with a
Unix-compatible compress program.

Don't forget to use the tenex mode when getting binary files from
SIMTEL20.

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil [26.2.0.74]
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz