[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Speed the keys

jbjones@marlin.NOSC.MIL (John B. Jones) (07/07/89)

I have to use a TSR, QUICKEYS, to speed up my keyboard.  Does anyone
know of a way to tweak my system to speed the keyboard up without a TSR?
Is it something in commmand.com?  Help is appreciated.

jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil

brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) (07/07/89)

In article <1184@marlin.NOSC.MIL> jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil.UUCP (John B. Jones) writes:
<
<I have to use a TSR, QUICKEYS, to speed up my keyboard.  Does anyone
<know of a way to tweak my system to speed the keyboard up without a TSR?
<Is it something in commmand.com?  Help is appreciated.

Huh?  You can type on your pc's keyboard faster than the pc can place it
into the buffer?

I'm lost.  My keyboard has always been able to keep up with me. :-)
--
	        harvard\     att!nicmad\
Vidiot            ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!brown

gharring@enprt.Wichita.NCR.COM (Gary Harrington) (07/08/89)

In article <1184@marlin.NOSC.MIL> jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil.UUCP (John B. Jones) writes:

>I have to use a TSR, QUICKEYS, to speed up my keyboard.  Does anyone
>know of a way to tweak my system to speed the keyboard up without a TSR?
>Is it something in commmand.com?  Help is appreciated.

    Do you have a PC or AT compatible?  It makes a difference.

Gary Harrington          Gary.Harrington@ncrwic.UUCP
NCR Corporation               or
Wichita, Kansas          gharring@enprt.Wichita.NCR.COM

thomas-m@hockey.cis.ohio-state.edu (Malcolm Thomas) (07/10/89)

In article <2225@astroatc.UUCP> brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:
>In article <1184@marlin.NOSC.MIL> jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil.UUCP (John B. Jones) writes:
><
><I have to use a TSR, QUICKEYS, to speed up my keyboard.  Does anyone
><know of a way to tweak my system to speed the keyboard up without a TSR?
><Is it something in commmand.com?  Help is appreciated.
>
>Huh?  You can type on your pc's keyboard faster than the pc can place it
>into the buffer?

Ever tried holding down the key for repeat?

>I'm lost.  My keyboard has always been able to keep up with me. :-)

Ever tried scrolling around in Lotus with the keyboard, and then with a
mouse? Just going from the top left area to the bottom right area on the
same screen (44 x 132) takes forever with the keyboard.  Holding down a
key for repeat is awfully time consuming  (You notice this when you have
a mouse) but then not all of us have mice, and not all software use mice.

I say a keyboard speedup is in order.  (Even if you are NOT a hunt-and-peck
typist)

Malcolm
------
My .signature is in the mail with my check.  I'll include it when it arrives.

brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) (07/11/89)

In article <54346@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Malcolm Thomas <thomas-m@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
<In article <2225@astroatc.UUCP> brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:
<>In article <1184@marlin.NOSC.MIL> jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil.UUCP (John B. Jones) writes:
<><
<><I have to use a TSR, QUICKEYS, to speed up my keyboard.  Does anyone
<><know of a way to tweak my system to speed the keyboard up without a TSR?
<><Is it something in commmand.com?  Help is appreciated.
<>
<>Huh?  You can type on your pc's keyboard faster than the pc can place it
<>into the buffer?
<
<Ever tried holding down the key for repeat?
<
<>I'm lost.  My keyboard has always been able to keep up with me. :-)
<
<Ever tried scrolling around in Lotus with the keyboard, and then with a
<mouse? Just going from the top left area to the bottom right area on the
<same screen (44 x 132) takes forever with the keyboard.  Holding down a
<key for repeat is awfully time consuming  (You notice this when you have
<a mouse) but then not all of us have mice, and not all software use mice.
<
<I say a keyboard speedup is in order.  (Even if you are NOT a hunt-and-peck
<typist)

Correct.  I missed the repeat key issue because that wasn't the way the
original posting was worded.  He just wanted to speed up the keyboard.
Because it wasn't mentioned, I forgot about the repeat key function.  This
whole thing has been resolved (actually discussed) via e-mail.