[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] MOUSEKEY.COM Mouse Simulator

gwang@berlioz (George Wang) (07/10/89)

Howdy...

A while back, I found a PD program called Mousekey.com which allowed
REAL MOUSE-needed (Microsoft) programs to run with the keyboard...
This is *NOT* the same as another program called poor man's mouse
which just substitutes keyboard keys (arrows) for the joystick...

The problem is:
1> The number keys 0-9 on the top row does NOT work since the numeric
keypad numbers are somehow intercepted to act as mouse keys...
2> It ONLY works in CGA mode... I have EGA now....

The author of this program was aware of problem #1 but I think
problem #2 was not a problem since back then people didn't have EGA...

Does anyone know where I can contact the original author?? Does
anyone know of a newer, updated program which fixes these problems?
How about a driver that allows the joystick to be used in programs
where you MUST have a mouse (IE, Deluxe Paint II..)

Thanks
George
Gwang@logic.nsc.com

goes@oregon.uoregon.edu (Jim Goes, Univ of Oregon) (07/11/89)

--
The MOUSEKEY.COM program I have is a copyrighted PC Magazine program written in
1987 by Jeff Prosise.  It allows a mouse to behave like cursor keys (at least