[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] v04i002: rm, delete files, recursive

kaldis@topaz.rutgers.edu (Theodore A. Kaldis) (07/12/89)

In article <8172@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> Rahul writes:

> From: Yossi Gil <yogi%humus.Huji.AC.IL%CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>

> [ As with the previous posting, the From: header is the only one I
> have, and it looks mangled.  -- R.D. ]

It looks to me like the second "CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU" is redundant.  It can
probably be dropped, and the second percent sign replaced with an "at"
sign (@):

  yogi%humus.Huji.AC.IL@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

What this address means is that the message will be sent to
CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU, which will then resend it to yogi@humus.Huji.AC.IL
(i.e., it will drop everything from the original "at" sign and beyond,
replace the percent sign with another "at" sign, and resend it).  If
the "IL" domain is reachable from your site, you can just send a reply
straight to yogi@humus.Huji.AC.IL (IL being Israel, not Illinois).
--
              Theodore A. Kaldis                      |  "Perhaps we may
              +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-                      |   frighten away