[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] LBR files

chrisb@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Behrens) (07/08/89)

What facility compresses files into .LBR files ???
If you can supply the weapon, I think I can find it.
PAK doesn't work, so I thought I'd check with the experts !!!
Thanks.

taine@bibs.FIDONET.ORG (Taine Gilliam) (07/08/89)

In an article of <7 Jul 89 20:50:49 GMT>, chrisb@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Behrens) writes:
 >What facility compresses files into .LBR files ???
 >If you can supply the weapon, I think I can find it.
 >PAK doesn't work, so I thought I'd check with the experts !!!
 >Thanks.

the program is called LU. decompression can also be done via NUSQ.

taine

--- msged 1.99L MSC
 * Origin: The B.I.B.S. System (803)556-9094 /HST.  (1:372/42)
--
Taine Gilliam - at FidoNet node 1:372/42 w/ Magpie BBS
UUCP: uunet!bibs!taine

gwang@berlioz (George Wang) (07/09/89)

Well, the .LBR extension is the archive of a VERY old
format... You may be able to find an old archiver called
LU... That is what you use...

 Geesh! I didn't think people still used .LBR archives!!

 George
 Gwang@logic.nsc.com

simcha@kurz-ai.UUCP (Simcha Lerner) (07/14/89)

In article <61.24B5B1B4@bibs.FIDONET.ORG> taine@bibs.FIDONET.ORG (Taine Gilliam) writes:
>In an article of <7 Jul 89 20:50:49 GMT>, chrisb@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Behrens) writes:
> >What facility compresses files into .LBR files ???
> >If you can supply the weapon, I think I can find it.
> >PAK doesn't work, so I thought I'd check with the experts !!!
> >Thanks.
> >
>the program is called LU. decompression can also be done via NUSQ.
>
>taine
>

>--- msged 1.99L MSC
> * Origin: The B.I.B.S. System (803)556-9094 /HST.  (1:372/42)
>--
>Taine Gilliam - at FidoNet node 1:372/42 w/ Magpie BBS
>UUCP: uunet!bibs!taine
>INTERNET: taine@bibs.FIDONET.ORG

Actually, in the "old days" of CP/M and MS-DOS, there were
separate programs for making libraries (*.LBR files made
by LU) and squeezing files (*.?Q? files made by SQ and
unsqueezed via NUSQ).  Therefore, you only need LU to
access a *.LBR library file, but you need both to access
a *.LQR squeezed library file.  The initial innovation of
ARC was putting both of there functions into one integrated
program.

--
Simcha Lerner
Kurzweil Applied Intelligence

PLEASE NOTE ADDRESS: NO RETURN MAIL VIA bbn PLEASE

UUCP address:	kurz-ai!simcha@talcott.harvard.edu
	  or:	...{uunet,rutgers,ames}!harvard!talcott!kurz-ai!simcha