[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for PC-MAGAZINE'S BENCHMARK SERIES

hjg@amms4.UUCP (Harry Gross) (07/15/89)

In article <1657@csuf3b.UUCP> thomasp@redwood.UUCP (Thomas Pearson) writes:

>I am looking for the latest version of PC-MAGAZINE's "Laborotory
>Benchmark Series Release 4".  If anyone out there has a copy could
>you mail it to me.  I could also download it if I had a ftp site
>name.

Um, if you wait until next month (assuming the need isn't _that_ pressing :-)
you should be able to get Release _5_ of their benchmark series.

I quote from the July 1989 issue of PC-MAGAZINE p. 447 "Coming Up" :

This issue [the August '89 issue] also marks the debut of the PC Labs Benchmark
Series, Version 5.0; we explain its new features.

end quote

Also, you can get any of PC-MAGAZINE's utilities, files from the Forum data
libraries, back articles, etc. via PC-MagNet (administered by CompuServe
@ $12.50/hr.  (Of course, finding it on a machine for annonymous ftp, uucp,
whatever, would be better :-)

Hope this helps.

--
		Harry Gross				 |  reserved for
							 |  something really
Internet: hjg@amms4.UUCP   (we're working on registering)|  clever - any
UUCP: {jyacc, rna, bklyncis}!amms4!hjg			 |  suggestions?

ralf@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Ralf Brown) (07/15/89)

}
}Um, if you wait until next month (assuming the need isn't _that_ pressing :-)
}you should be able to get Release _5_ of their benchmark series.

Must be a timewarp somewhere: SIMTEL20 has had it for nearly three months!

"PD1:","<MSDOS.SYSUTL>","PCBENCH5.ARC",1,282183,8,890422,""
						  ^^^^^^ Apr 22, 1989

}Also, you can get any of PC-MAGAZINE's utilities, files from the Forum data
}libraries, back articles, etc. via PC-MagNet (administered by CompuServe
}@ $12.50/hr.  (Of course, finding it on a machine for annonymous ftp, uucp,
}whatever, would be better :-)

See above.
--