[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] zoo and flushot+

JPALMER@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) (07/19/89)

	I recently decided to try out flushot+. It was running while I
tried to extract some recent zoo files. Every zoo tried to extract a .com
file, flushot+ barfed and zoo was halted. When I rebooted without
flushot+, zoo worked fine. Is there an incompatibility between these two
programs?
--

  reply to palmer2@uwovax.uwo.ca ||---John Palmer----------------------------
  (519)-661-3533-----------------||---The Economics Institute for Journalists

JPALMER@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) (07/19/89)

In article <2986@uwovax.uwo.ca>, JPALMER@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) writes:

	I'm sorry to followup like this, but "cancel" doesn't work
at this site.

> 	I recently decided to try out flushot+. It was running while I
> tried to extract some recent zoo files. Every zoo tried to extract a .com
                                               ^time

gejohann@uokmax.UUCP (Gene Edward Johannsen) (07/20/89)

In article <2986@uwovax.uwo.ca> JPALMER@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) writes:

>	I recently decided to try out flushot+. It was running while I
>tried to extract some recent zoo files. Every zoo tried to extract a .com
>file, flushot+ barfed and zoo was halted. When I rebooted without
>flushot+, zoo worked fine. Is there an incompatibility between these two
>programs?
>--

	Flushot+'s error is triggered every time a write is attempted on a .com
or .exe file.  Just one way it checks to make sure that no virusing is going on.
	You can disable flushot+ by pressing the ALT key three times before
doing the extraction.

	Typing 'G' to skip the error and continue the current disk write
halts ZOO, but this is the only archiver I can think of that has this problem.

Gene from the home office in Oklahoma City

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (07/21/89)

What versions of zoo and flushot+ are you using?  Please include that
information when giving bug reports.  Maybe you don't have the latest
version.

--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives

Kim.Tan@p1004.f162.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kim Tan) (07/21/89)

To: watmath!uwovax.uwo.ca!palmer2

Hi John.

In an article of <19 Jul 89 16:35:24 GMT>, JPALMER@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) writes:

 >        I recently decided to try out flushot+. It was running while I
 >tried to extract some recent zoo files. Every zoo tried to extract a
 >.com
 >file, flushot+ barfed and zoo was halted. When I rebooted without
 >flushot+, zoo worked fine. Is there an incompatibility between these two
 >programs?

     Yes, flushot+ will prevent the system to write/read .com, .exe, .bat files, depending how you set up the flushot+ parameters. This is explained in the manual.

Kim Tan
-------=======-------=======-------=======-------=======-------=======-------
Kim Tan                               |
Waterloo Centre for Groundwater       | FidoNet  : 1:221/162.1004
                    Research          | InterNet : Kim_Tan@isishq.watmath
University of Waterloo                | BitNet   : Lrsdan@Vm.UoGuelph.Ca
Waterloo, Ontario                     | Uucp     : ..!watmath!isishq!Kim.Tan
N2L 3G1                               |

--
 Kim Tan - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!162.1004!Kim.Tan